fuel pressure issues?????? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
fuel pressure issues??????
Sunday, May 14, 2006 5:51 AM
i am getting some work done to my cylinder head and intake. i have a 96 cavy with the 2.2. i had the head milled, three angle valve grind, ported and polished, and also the intake ported and polished. as far as the milling goes i don't have any spec's for how much it got milled but it was not very much at all. my question is someone told me that
i might have to get a fuel pressure regulator because of the gain in compression. i personally have never heard this but i am putting the car back together on monday and i would prefer to have all of the parts that i need to put it back together. i am kind of a newb when it comes to this stuff, so bare with me.....

thanks for any help in advance

p.s. for anyone who asks why i did this it was b/c the head gasket was leaking so i figured if i am going to have all of this apart there is no point to tearing it apart to do it later

Re: fuel pressure issues??????
Sunday, May 14, 2006 6:38 AM
No you don't need a fuel pressure booster, youll be fine. Your not gaining any compression unless you made the combustion chamber smaller, the engine will just breathe better now.

15.149 @ 91.26mph 3-18-2006
Sunday, May 14, 2006 7:22 AM
BlackEco wrote:No you don't need a fuel pressure booster, youll be fine. Your not gaining any compression unless you made the combustion chamber smaller, the engine will just breathe better now.

That is incorrect. If you shave the head you will increase the compression ratio. Of course how much it was shaved will depend on how much you increased it. I do nt think you will have a problem.

FU Tuning

Sunday, May 14, 2006 8:01 AM
cool, thanks for the quick response....i didn't think that i would have a problem, but like i said i am kind of a newb here, i know the basics but am just starting to mod the engine so i would rather ask then just assume something because we all know that leads to headaches...lol

thanks again
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search