Is this the HO manifold or not... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Is this the HO manifold or not...
Thursday, May 11, 2006 10:36 PM
I got this off of a Beretta Z26 from a local wrecker... It had the 8th digit A and all but I've had some doubting Thomas's who are getting me to start thinking maybe I'm mistaken and it is actually an LO... Those who know, can you confirm whether this is an HO or not?? Thanks all.

Also I've checked GMPARTSDIRECT.com & QUAD4forums.com but neither list the part number as being an HO intake. GMPARTSDIRECT.com claims the part doesn't exist.

Knowledge about everything and yet an expert of nothing!!
Jack of all trades.

Re: Is this the HO manifold or not...
Thursday, May 11, 2006 10:38 PM
If it came off the "A" engine.... it's an HO. Unless the motor was swapped for an LO... wasn't an IDI cover on it eh?

Thursday, May 11, 2006 10:44 PM
nope... looked to be long gone... But even that isn't that hard to swap... I've seen a bunch of pics of guys with TCs that have the HO or Quad 4 IDI...

Jack of all trades.
Thursday, May 11, 2006 10:50 PM
thats for sure an HO. The Z26's only came with an HO (well they did have a 3100 option) Also you can tell by how the "log" part of the manifold is so large, the LO gets smaller the further away from the TB hole it gets.

There is a picture there in my guide that shows the different between the LO and HO, it is very obvious with them side by side.

http://www.quad4forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3252

So go tell the people that are telling you its an LO to go fist theirselves. j/k

Click the banner to enter the best Quad4 & Twin Cam site on the internet.
Thursday, May 11, 2006 11:04 PM
Yeah I had looked at that but just wanted to make sure... Thanks... I got my adapter today... now I just have to clean the inside of the manifold and paint it.... should be fun....

Jack of all trades.
Friday, May 12, 2006 12:38 AM
Have fun cleaning the inside of it...

this is what I did to break up how badly it was ruined when I got mine.. I mean mine was HORRIBLE when I started to clean it......

I bought enough of some Simple green to fill a bucket. a big bucket.... and submerged the thing for about a day...

The next day. I decided to take it out, scrub, rinse and it was still covered with @!#$.. whatever the engine had cooked on it when I got it off.

So I let it for another day or so. got the rest I could get... and I sprayed some Aircraft Airplane stripping compound on it or something. This stuff was lethal as hell.. smelled like it too... and well. sprayed all up the inside and all..

and on the 3rd day. it was finally clean.

and sanded down a bit... prepped drilled. and painted. and this was the end result

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=223084&t=223084

Have fun my friend. it's well worth it. just look at how sexy that thing looks.

Friday, May 12, 2006 2:28 AM
Go back to the junk yard and buy the whole car. The only Z26 to come with an Ho were 94 and they are RARE.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Friday, May 12, 2006 2:55 AM
^^^ I wish I could do an engine swap of the like

but I'm from california... I believe it's against the law.

Friday, May 12, 2006 4:41 AM
Either way, nice find
And you'll want a nice 2.3L tb to go with it,
Got a couple for sale in the classifieds....

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Friday, May 12, 2006 5:35 AM
I grabbed the whole intake... with the exception of the air box and filter when I grabbed this... I've been cleaning the throttle body and that has been a pain inthe ass with the crap that was baked onto the backside of the butterfly... ah welll... degreaser and a copper brush should get the rest....

Jack of all trades.
Friday, May 12, 2006 8:51 AM
yupper whatcha got there is a HO intake mani

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/857357

Friday, May 12, 2006 6:28 PM
i got both for 30 dollers
Friday, May 12, 2006 6:31 PM
I'm not so sure this is an HO. I've got both an LO and an HO in my basement and the LO looks very similar to your picture. It has two inlet (?) beside the sensor inlet but the HO only has one. The real give away is the size of the intake HO's are fat and LO's are thinner. Your picture looks fat and therefore makes it look like an HO. Makes me wonder.
Friday, May 12, 2006 8:38 PM
there are various sensor openings depending on year/model... I've had manifolds of both styles...

Saturday, May 13, 2006 2:02 AM
you can only go by size to know witch manifold you ahve. That is an Ho manifold. No question about it.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Saturday, May 13, 2006 9:55 AM
There you have it then. You got an HO. Well done. All the best in making it look good. Polish her up or paint her whatever turns your crank. They look awesome when installed especially when you put some elbow grease into them. Have fun.
Saturday, May 13, 2006 10:56 AM
Black 3Z wrote:I'm not so sure this is an HO. I've got both an LO and an HO in my basement and the LO looks very similar to your picture. It has two inlet (?) beside the sensor inlet but the HO only has one. The real give away is the size of the intake HO's are fat and LO's are thinner. Your picture looks fat and therefore makes it look like an HO. Makes me wonder.

lol, you telling me you cant tell the difference between the HO and LO in this pic?

and cant match this manifold with either in the pic?

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Saturday, May 13, 2006 12:03 PM
Yes you can tell the difference in the pic you provided. All I was saying was "Is the picture that was given distorted" It gave me cause to question it. And if I gave you a laugh...great. You must feel quite good about yourself now.
Saturday, May 13, 2006 7:33 PM
If you looked at the post referenced on Quad4forums, the part # is the same as one listed for the HO Manifold as well.

Sunday, May 14, 2006 9:31 AM
little hump = HO
big hump = LO

and thats all you need to know :p

Friday, May 26, 2006 2:07 PM
Any idea what the common vehicles that the HO manifold was installed onto? My local junkyards are retarded and look everything up by year/make/model/motor size

J

Friday, May 26, 2006 3:20 PM
Z Styling wrote:Any idea what the common vehicles that the HO manifold was installed onto? My local junkyards are retarded and look everything up by year/make/model/motor size

Got a link from another thread that answered this question...

J
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search