Am I Missing Any Bolt Ons?....Suggesstions! - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Am I Missing Any Bolt Ons?....Suggesstions!
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 5:18 AM
Help me out here if you could...based on what you see in my list of goodies Do you see anything that I'm missing as far as bolt ons...I'm staying N/A so no turbo or S/C.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Re: Am I Missing Any Bolt Ons?....Suggesstions!
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 5:52 AM
CAMS !!!!

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 5:59 AM
turbocharger... its obviously the next step

-Chris

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 6:00 AM
looks to me like the bolt-ons are covered.....like Jackalope said, cams would be a nice addition

Ill make a sig someday
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 6:15 AM
Well if your looking for real "bolt ons", then i would suggest strut tower bars, since that seems to be literally bolt on and one of the easier things that goes under that category. Also, ignition stuff is
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 7:12 AM
What will the struct tower bars do gor me? Vibrations? Tighter turning? more info needed!
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 7:44 AM
new suspension to include springs shocks and swaybars for much better handling. maybe a brake upgrade as well.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 8:15 AM
Yeah cams would be the next thing.
Then (and) get a P&P cylinderhead.
After that you're all set.

You're doing like I"m doing with mine going all N/A.

If you wanna get crazy rods, piston, forged internals, crank work... etc.

Have fun,
-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 8:32 AM
SiLvEr StRiPeY 04 wrote:What will the struct tower bars do gor me? Vibrations? Tighter turning? more info needed!

You'll get a bit better turning ability.

As far as the bolt on situation...

Right now, if you want better power, it's time to open up your motor. Even if you could get another bolt on, it's not going to do you much good. Just be ready to spend a good amount of money on labor charges if you're not doing it yourself.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 9:41 AM
upper motor mount, and maybe new spark plugs...

Portage, MI
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 9:48 AM
I have the upper mount now....but you know...not sure on the vibes Ill get out of it?

I read a lot of posts on it...got scared off on it.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 10:55 AM
I installed both one afternoon, and the only thing I feel is a slight vibe as I let the clutch out. That's it. I think the problem alot of people are having is that they don't torque the bolts back down quite enough. I'm not 100% sure if that's the reason for all their vibes, but quite honestly, It's a mod that's worth it.

02 Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 11:58 AM
torquing definitely not my reason for vibes...then again maybe its too torqued?
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 12:20 PM
I think I'll try the mount then...nice afternoon day or whatnot. If I don't care for it after a while, I'll go back to the stock one.

BTW - anyone know how much a port and polish costs to have it done at a show. As summing I pull the head off myself and take it to them. Or go to a wrecking yard and get one from them, go that route?
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 12:29 PM
far as cost on a P&P your going to have to call around your area and ask. we cant tell what a shop where you live might charge

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 12:34 PM
OK - tankx
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 1:22 PM
SiLvEr StRiPeY 04 wrote:I think I'll try the mount then...nice afternoon day or whatnot. If I don't care for it after a while, I'll go back to the stock one.
That's definitely the right attitude. Can't let yourself be scared away from something just because you heard somewhere that you might not like the result, because even if that's the case, you can always go right back to stock with next to no real work. Personally, both mounts were one of the most satisfying mods I've done (aside form the beautiful B&M ) and I haven't looked back since.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 9:28 PM
Uhem ATTENTION:

to the poster of this thread please check you inbox you have a PM from another member in there. thank you

GO ahead now people back to work.

(Insert really cool picture of my car with some catchy name or slogan here)
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 9:39 PM
intake, throtle body, find the thread about porting an eco intake manifold, head work, cams, rods and pistons, header, cat, exhaust, motor mounts, igntion upgrades, auto trans interceptor, torque converter, control arm bushings, front and rear strut bars, front and rear sway bars, brake upgrade, springs, shocks/struts, tires, HPTuners for a dyno tune, weight reduction, more weight reduction, valve train work, higher rev limiter, pulleys.... there a ton of stuff to do

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search