3800 SSEI Swap - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
3800 SSEI Swap
Monday, March 27, 2006 11:43 AM
Does anyone know of somebody on J-body.org....that i can talk to to see what all they did, in steps maybe, if you know just post please

Re: 3800 SSEI Swap
Monday, March 27, 2006 12:01 PM
Um maybe do a search and talk to raven.

Monday, March 27, 2006 1:00 PM
El Fuego ( the grounded one ) wrote:Um maybe do a search and talk to raven.

x2

also searching this fourm isnt as helpfull as the BOOST fourm would be

but when you search search all foums , i think there was more than 1 post with the info

Monday, March 27, 2006 5:43 PM
aight thanks guys
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 4:16 AM
Didn't Raven invest upwards of $16,000 into getting that 3800s/c to work without snapping the mounts every time he stepped on the gas?

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 6:39 AM
16 THOUSAND DOLLARS, are you kidding me? "to get it to work without snapping the mounts every time he stepped on the gas" ummm....if he spend 16 thousand dollars on a solid motor mount taht he could do himself (which he did) for 5 bucks worth of steel and a welder...lol...hmm...some1 isnt thinking today...but anways...Its not so much about the money as it is the know how, if you knew nothing and wanted some1 to do this for you, then I would say probably 10-15 grand to have it done. Engine swaps arent as hard as every1 thinks they are. If you have the brains to make your own mounts, then you are fine, just cut the stock mounts, use the bushings and wholla. Wiring is the next problem, but as long as you can read diagrams then you are fine, that is if you are mating the two harnesses. If I did an engine swap, I would simply use the computer fromt he other car jsut for the motor, and keep the stock computer for the interior stuff, gauges and such. Then of course with swaping in such a big engine is the sub frame, but again, if you know basic frame geometry and know how to weld, you will bnee alright there too.
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 6:47 AM
Fst Cavy wrote:16 THOUSAND DOLLARS, are you kidding me? "to get it to work without snapping the mounts every time he stepped on the gas" ummm....if he spend 16 thousand dollars on a solid motor mount taht he could do himself (which he did) for 5 bucks worth of steel and a welder...lol...hmm...some1 isnt thinking today...but anways...Its not so much about the money as it is the know how, if you knew nothing and wanted some1 to do this for you, then I would say probably 10-15 grand to have it done. Engine swaps arent as hard as every1 thinks they are. If you have the brains to make your own mounts, then you are fine, just cut the stock mounts, use the bushings and wholla. Wiring is the next problem, but as long as you can read diagrams then you are fine, that is if you are mating the two harnesses. If I did an engine swap, I would simply use the computer fromt he other car jsut for the motor, and keep the stock computer for the interior stuff, gauges and such. Then of course with swaping in such a big engine is the sub frame, but again, if you know basic frame geometry and know how to weld, you will bnee alright there too.

umm....i dont know how much YOU know.

but yes, he was snapping custom mounts and mounting points all the time. and then once the mounts held, the frame of the car started buckling and breaking. so yes, he did have a few problems controlling a large engine in an engine bay made for a smaller, weaker engine.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 9:07 AM
He also modded the 3.8SC and added NO2. So he was pushing upwards of 350HP (possibly more, I don't know).

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search