wont start but theft light is on for few secs.... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
wont start but theft light is on for few secs....
Monday, March 27, 2006 6:49 AM
hey guys, im having yet another problem with my car after the rebuild. i was cruise'n last night and i come out this morning to cruise more to break the engine in and it wont start. the battery is fine because the radio and dash lights and stuff work fine, i also hear the fuel pump when i turn the key over so it shouldnt be the fuel pump.

I turn the key all the way and its crankin and i see the theft system light come on for about 3 seconds then goes away and it does that everytime i try to start it. i read in a post similar to this that i should sit with the key on for 10 mins and the theft light will go off but it doesnt even stay on for that long.

Re: wont start but theft light is on for few secs.
Monday, March 27, 2006 7:59 AM
I don't know if you tried this or not but the same thing happend to a buddy of mine and he locked it up unlocked with the key and then tried it and it worked
try that
Re: wont start but theft light is on for few secs.
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 1:24 PM
ok i had the same problem with my ho maifold you need to put your key in and turn the key as far as you can with out turning it over then leave it there for 15 sec then turn it off all the way then leave it there for 15 sec do this 3 times if that doesnt work i dont know hope you get it figured out

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search