o2 Relocate - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
o2 Relocate
Wednesday, March 22, 2006 5:08 PM
It was stated last week in another post that when you relocate your o2 sensor (header install), that you should lengthen the wires before the plug. I had never heard anything like this before, and am concerned because when I did mine a week ago, I lengthened the wires after the harness(plug). Did I misunderstand the post, or should I be changing the way I lengthened the wires?

So far no codes, just concerned is all.....

Re: o2 Relocate
Wednesday, March 22, 2006 5:56 PM
I had problems after my header install because I spliced the wires...later I figured out that you can cut open the wire loom and just pull the O2 sensor wires out to reach the header.

I can post a pic tomorow...i hope you don't get codes.
Wednesday, March 22, 2006 5:57 PM
Actually no need to lengthen the wires. You can pull extra wiring out of the harness. This is the best option. When cutting the O2 wires and adding wire you can throw off the resistance, and cause problems.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 6:18 PM
also I just drilled a hole in the splash gaurd and attached it so it would be out of the way.

Sunday, March 26, 2006 3:06 AM
John Higgins wrote:Actually no need to lengthen the wires. You can pull extra wiring out of the harness. This is the best option. When cutting the O2 wires and adding wire you can throw off the resistance, and cause problems.

Dude, do you just go around the forums repeating everything you see?
In at least 3 different posts, I've noticed you've repeated almost the exact same thing that was said just before you.

Almost as if you're thinking "Hrmm, that makes sense, but it would sound better if I wrote it!"

I dunno, you do your thing, I guess.
Raised in a cave...

Start New Topic Advanced Search