Inspired by a crazy dream, Must read!!! - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Inspired by a crazy dream, Must read!!!
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 9:26 PM
Well like the post reads, i was sleeping the other night and this wild dream started to take place, The engine in my cavy blew, being a 2200 i was kinda amused as i havent heard to many reports of these engines blowing up, being slightly broke i was bummed until a guy i seemed to know showed up and said ahh dont worry about it i got a B16A you can have, to which i replied excellent that should be a fun little swap.

After which i woke up going WTF? but now i'm wondering has anybody ever tried to do anything like that with these cars? i mean i've seen v6 swaps and such but i mean a non chevy motor all together, somethin from a honda or a mitsu car. Just curious, it was kinda like feild of dreams If you build it they will laugh lol.

J~

Re: Inspired by a crazy dream, Must read!!!
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 9:29 PM
It would be an insane amount of work, the only reason the V6's work so well is because the transmission is on the same side as the 4 cyls (drivers side). The import engines have the transmission on the other side (passenger side). You'd have to completely rework the engine bay and subframe to make it work. By that time you've spent more money than it would take to swap in a 3x00 or a built 2.4 or Eco and boost the hell out of it, doing better than a Bwhatever engine.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 9:35 PM
dont they also spin the other way?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 9:36 PM
sure it could be done, but we like torque

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 10:19 PM
see i was thinkin a 4g63 would be an awsome motor to swap into a j but as stated the trannys on the wrong side HOWEVER, the new evos arent, so the 4g63 is on the right side of the tranny which solves that, or if i recall correctly the new honda/acura engines spin the same as every other north american engine as honda is trying to move its engines under more manufactures hoods. so who knows an rsx swap would deffinatly be interesting, but very time consuming and costly. But if you stop to think how much money we drop on our cars for suspension, interior, body kits, body work, and a ton of other things.

Anybody ever see someone drop a v 8 into a j, thats gotta be a shoehorn affair.

J~
Wednesday, March 22, 2006 8:25 AM
J~ wrote:see i was thinkin a 4g63 would be an awsome motor to swap into a j but as stated the trannys on the wrong side HOWEVER, the new evos arent, so the 4g63 is on the right side of the tranny which solves that, or if i recall correctly the new honda/acura engines spin the same as every other north american engine as honda is trying to move its engines under more manufactures hoods. so who knows an rsx swap would deffinatly be interesting, but very time consuming and costly. But if you stop to think how much money we drop on our cars for suspension, interior, body kits, body work, and a ton of other things.

Anybody ever see someone drop a v 8 into a j, thats gotta be a shoehorn affair.

J~

Been done in a Beretta already. Here's the linky:

http://www.cardomain.com/id/gtz3100

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 8:56 AM
^^^^ that guy needs the nasty ricer of the year award

that car is freakin ronald mc donald house material

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 8:59 AM
Maybe, but he did what everyone says you can't do. He put a 4G63 in a Beretta. Hell, I wouldn't try it. Yeah, the car is ugly as f*ck and looks completely retarded, but damn...

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 10:41 AM
Quick someone call Ronald McDonald I think someone stole his car!

It may be a ton of work buy the only word I can think to say is ..........WHY ?

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 11:16 AM
i actually like it. Remove the mitsu logo and take off the fugly wing.

-Chris

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 12:12 PM
LOL, motor swaps are not that big of a deal, if you can weld and have all the parts just sitting around, why not do it?

I have swapped a few motors into strange cars in my day, 350ci into a S10 Blazer, 383 stroker into a Chevette, 383 stroker into my old Corvair, 350 into a Fiero, 383 stroker into a Miata, 454 into a Thunderchicken (you can see almost only engine I swap is a small block Chevy).

I don't get why people say it isn't worth it, if you have the time to put into it "DO IT", motor swaps are fairly simple, just welding and fabricating motor/tranny mounts is the hard part, wiring can be expensive if you go with painless, I wired most of my swaps by hand.

I started putting a LT1 in a Beretta years ago, but lost interest and scrapped the car.

I wish I still had the time to swap motors or even do alot of stuff I want to do...

When you are young try as many things as you can, cause some day you will have a family and won't have spare time to do the stuff you are interested in.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 12:22 PM
Kross wrote:When you are young try as many things as you can, cause some day you will have a family and won't have spare time to do the stuff you are interested in.

Thursday, March 23, 2006 7:20 AM
LD9 Fury (The JBO Viking) wrote:
Kross wrote:When you are young try as many things as you can, cause some day you will have a family and won't have spare time to do the stuff you are interested in.

uh.... yeah, except don't try the B16 in the cav because by the time its done you'll probably be too old to have kids, or enjoy the complete lack of torque. For the amount it would cost just to BUY a b16 and matching transmission, you could probably turbo your car AND build the motor.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Thursday, March 23, 2006 3:08 PM
can't be but so hard i've seen a crx with a 2.4 out of a cav z24

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 5:57 AM
slamcav wrote:can't be but so hard i've seen a crx with a 2.4 out of a cav z24

I don't understand why anyone would do that, a B18 would be a much better choice and I'm pretty sure you can probably buy a kit for it.

truthfully for all the effort putting an ECO in that car would be much easier. Build the engine up and boost the heck out of it.

-Chris

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 6:38 AM
man, rascal, did you REALLY have to bring this one back from the dead?

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 4:43 PM
meh people put small block v8's in rear wheel drive jap cars like RX7 and ive seen at 300zx supercharged w/ a small block chevy. b16a??? oh yea thats crapy engine is still faster than a 2200 :p

Working on obtainting an M-Class license... ?? Hint: 2 wheels.
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 9:17 PM
why would you put a @!#$ty honda motor in your car?

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Thursday, March 30, 2006 5:42 PM
Honda sucks, GM rules, nough said

Some times the best way to get that tailgater off your but is to light a fart.
Friday, March 31, 2006 1:44 AM
my best ideas come from crazy dreams......

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Friday, March 31, 2006 9:58 AM
TORONTO CAVALIER wrote:meh people put small block v8's in rear wheel drive jap cars like RX7 and ive seen at 300zx supercharged w/ a small block chevy. b16a??? oh yea thats crapy engine is still faster than a 2200 :p
Your logic is flawless ()
Fire Starter (Seth) wrote:Honda sucks, GM rules, nough said
Forgive me for saying, but that's a pretty ignorant and childish generalization to make.

Friday, March 31, 2006 1:39 PM
its true though

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Friday, March 31, 2006 1:46 PM
If hondas suck... Why do they have one of the highest resale values?

Friday, March 31, 2006 3:11 PM
brandon schnupp wrote:If hondas suck... Why do they have one of the highest resale values?

Or the biggest aftermarket support out of any other import or domestic sport compact. Or their own racing series (Honda Challenge). Or more cars running 12 seconds or less than most any other sport compact manufacturer in any racing series. Or named best selling car for what, a decade? Or the biggest cult following of any other vehicle, including the Mustang and Camaro.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search