RSM VS. RKSPORT - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
RSM VS. RKSPORT
Monday, March 20, 2006 5:04 PM
So as i just finish my "stage 1" of my car (intake, Full Exhaust), I am now begining to buy my next list of parts. One whch include a crank pulley.

I have heard mixed reviews on the RSM pulley. But i would prefer the lightened one over Rk's underdrive. SO, I ask you this JBO. Put some of the gossip to bed. Is the RSM pulley built cheap as I have read before?

Which would you recommend for me. RK or RSM.

Thanks.

and for a side note, is their anywhere else to get RSM products cheaper. I only find them for sale on their web site.

Re: RSM VS. RKSPORT
Monday, March 20, 2006 5:35 PM
I do not think there is any quesion on the quality of the product it is the company taking your money and getting it shipped to you that has beent the issue with RSM.

I would go for the RSM pulley since it is not underiven on my car but I also wonder if there is any other way to get it besides through RSM.

||Click to visit my Cardomain page|Spotabee Racing|Nebraska Region SCCA||
Monday, March 20, 2006 6:33 PM
I don't think there's anywhere else to get it because no other company seems to be able to deal with the thieves at RSM and still manage to stay in business.

Monday, March 20, 2006 6:41 PM
Its a bit of money for RSM, I grant you that, but the results are there for the full range of RPM's. Fitment is a snap, no problems after 7,000 plus of extreme use! I say go for it.

Even though....there "thieving bastards" for the price!

<---<<<Check Out The Ride!
Monday, March 20, 2006 8:23 PM
I've recently (as of last mont) picked up the RSM factory sized lightened crank for my 2.4L.

The process went very smoothly.
Sent them an email from the site.

And they called me first wich was great. Even on the weekend.

Took a total off two weeks including all the shipping starting from the phone call that Saturday. (well a week and a half since i wasn't home to take delivery)

I also have one of their 62mm list (61mm actual) trottle bodies.

So they're good to go.

Just wish the bushings package wasn't so much.

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Monday, March 20, 2006 9:01 PM
There is really nothing to be scared of to get an underdriven pulley. I have it, had it for a long time...charging isn't a big deal. Unless you feel like adding something that's going to drain your battery big time like a high-powered stereo system, you'll be fine.

FYI: I've even heard people who DO have systems that it works fine and hasn't made any big problems because of the pulley.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Monday, March 20, 2006 9:12 PM
If you don't want to go underdrive, there's custom car grills that have one cheaper. It say 0% underdrive, but it's a little bit smaller, some didn't had to change their belts, others (like me) had to change it. Mine was screaming like I had a mouse trapped in there!!! RSM price are really too high. I won't pay 400$ for a throttle body when I can buy one for less than 80$ at the junkyard and have a shop boring it at the same specs for around 100$!!!

Monday, March 20, 2006 9:16 PM
Well i had a sunfire 03 auto, and yeah dont want to go into what happend with that. Then i got my dads 1999 grand am with a 2.4L in it and i had the underdrive pully and i had a system that pulled almost 100 amps with a low bass note. I did once have my car stall out on me. Because i had my system on pretty loud(two kicker kx600.1 amps) running two L7's and i was sitting in a traffic jam. I was at idle for more then 20 minutes with my system pounding. So go for the underdrive pully if your not gonna be bumping in a traffic jam for more then 10 minutes
But other then that i never had a problem with the underdrive. If you do have a system you can still get the underdrive pully and for insurance of keeping your car alive get a high output alternator.

Go for the underdrive!!!

<a href="http://creativedraft.com/phpBB-2.0.10/phpBB2">Creative Draft Image Manipulation Board</a>
Monday, March 20, 2006 9:21 PM
How about light output, does it effect headlights/dash/tails??

Monday, March 20, 2006 10:41 PM
I have the custom car grills pulley. No problem with the install. I also used the stock belt. I would def. recommened

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 8:06 AM
I wonder if they'd make a lightened stock-sized pulley for the 2.4L on request?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search