SRT-4 exhaust on a Cavalier - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
SRT-4 exhaust on a Cavalier
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 6:53 AM
Has anyone put an SRT-4 exhaust on a cavalier? My friend is selling his and I would like to put it on my 2002 Cavy LS Sport. Can anyone give me any advice or tips?

Re: SRT-4 exhaust on a Cavalier
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:01 AM
There's nothing on it you could even remotely use. The SRT-4 doesn't have any mufflers, the pipe bends wouldn't match the exhaust channels, the hangers wouldn't line up, the list goes on. Just get your own exhaust custom made, get a muffler, get a cat, and bring it to an exhaust shop.

You wouldn't like the sound of a muffler-less exhaust, just because its off an SRT-4, doesn't mean yours will sound like one when you put that exhaust on.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:06 AM
Shifted wrote:You wouldn't like the sound of a muffler-less exhaust, just because its off an SRT-4, doesn't mean yours will sound like one when you put that exhaust on.

for real, its sounds has a lot to do with it being turbo. just like the gurgle you get on a WRX

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:07 AM
Shifted wrote:There's nothing on it you could even remotely use. The SRT-4 doesn't have any mufflers, the pipe bends wouldn't match the exhaust channels, the hangers wouldn't line up, the list goes on. Just get your own exhaust custom made, get a muffler, get a cat, and bring it to an exhaust shop.

You wouldn't like the sound of a muffler-less exhaust, just because its off an SRT-4, doesn't mean yours will sound like one when you put that exhaust on.

Exactly. If you like the way it sounds, it's because it has a special muffler on it....a turbo lol j/k

But yeah, it won't fit, can't use it.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:10 AM
So just use the tips off it and do a dual exhaust if you like. But they all said it won't fit and it won't sound good.

Sorry

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 8:09 AM
i have srt-4 backpeice on my boosted sunfire.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 3:26 PM
cavyfan02 wrote:Has anyone put an SRT-4 exhaust on a cavalier? My friend is selling his and I would like to put it on my 2002 Cavy LS Sport. Can anyone give me any advice or tips?

if you want a SRT-4 sound, then get an SRT-4

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Thursday, March 02, 2006 12:10 AM
omg.... i thought someone resurrected this thread from way back a few months ago.... but, to my HORROR, there are apparently actually TWO people dumb enough to post this.....

Its pipe, could you make it fit? Yes. Would it sound like an SRT4? No. Would it sound like crap and be a total waste of time? Yes.

Beyond that, have you ever seen how twisted and convoluted the axle-back section of that exhaust is? You'd probably LOSE hp AND sound like crap.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Thursday, March 02, 2006 12:25 AM
Quote:

omg.... i thought someone resurrected this thread from way back a few months ago.... but, to my HORROR, there are apparently actually TWO people dumb enough to post this.....

Wow this blew my mind also..

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Thursday, March 02, 2006 12:37 AM
I thought it was the same thead but unfortunatly not.

I wonder where these people are getting the idea.

||Click to visit my Cardomain page|Spotabee Racing|Nebraska Region SCCA||
Thursday, March 02, 2006 10:58 AM
Stop. No. And don't. Stop trying to make your car into an SRT4. No, it won't achieve the results you are looking for. And don't... Well, I had one for don't but I forgot it already. I'm apparently dumber for reading this post. Great, that's just what I needed.

Be kind to dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search