side exit exhaust on a car with sideskirts? tips? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
side exit exhaust on a car with sideskirts? tips?
Sunday, February 19, 2006 12:30 PM
hey im upgrading my 2.25" exhaust to 2.5" in about a month and was wondering how you guys have your side exit exhausts done up on the outside and underneath the car, i wanna keep a cat and have a cherry bomb under for a muffler, i have streetfire sideskirts so how good is clearance with aftermarket skirts? im thinking about doing a square tip to help clearence on both sides or maybe just one side.

Re: side exit exhaust on a car with sideskirts? ti
Sunday, February 19, 2006 12:49 PM
You're probably going to have to trim the skirt... which I think looks better anyways.

I would stay away from the cherry bomb... might as well run a straight pipe, flowmaster hushpower is what I have and what I'd reccomend to anyone going side exit. Not cheap, but a damn good muffler.

Monday, February 20, 2006 11:13 AM
ill tell as soon as my tax return comes is
Monday, February 20, 2006 10:37 PM
Cut a hole in the side skirt (like a Viper or Roush Mustang).

I would have liked to do that on my 'vert... but there's the thick rail under the car, it's impossible. My car's too low to do side-exhaust.... grind out on speed bumps, etc..

Monday, February 20, 2006 10:55 PM
Lenko, John Lenko wrote:Cut a hole in the side skirt (like a Viper or Roush Mustang).

I would have liked to do that on my 'vert... but there's the thick rail under the car, it's impossible. My car's too low to do side-exhaust.... grind out on speed bumps, etc..

Yeah, what Lenko said...those are the ONLY ones in my opinion that look good.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 2:02 PM
my advise.......do 1 pipe all the way back at the rear tire on the passenger side.

cause you will get less exaust seeping into the car during stop and go traffic and if your exaust is set up loud, you won't go deaf with the drivers window down and that pipe right next to you.

trust me, did sidepipes once on a friends camaro with cherry bombs. we couldn't hear a fire truck coming

------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't actually read your posts
I stare them down until they give me the information I require
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 2:15 PM
i know someone in town that just did this

or will be doing this

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 2:21 PM
I used to have it with a resonator and a round body magnaflow. So loud it made me deaf in my left ear LOL. I should have put it out the right but that would have been too much work and I think I would have crushed the pipe with the air ride. Right after the cat you can put a pretty long resonator. Make a short bend to the left and put a round body magnaflow or whatever other round body. I think I had found a 5 inch round body muffler. Then you have to make a dip down and out for the pinch weld. I don't have good pics of the pipes cause they sucked anyways. The guy that did them must have been a drunk But I do have pics of how I had it coming out.

Made the tip with forgot what gauge stainless but I do remember that if I had used a thiker gauge and made the hole just a little bit tighter it would not have had that little bit of a buzz to it. It used to not rattle but buzz. LOL You could not hear it from the outside cause it was so loud but you could faintly hear it from the inside over the loud buzz.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 2:26 PM
And the only reason I made my own tips was that they fit better and ROUSH tips cost as much as a kiddney.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 2:50 PM
I'm putting an exhaust cut out with a sidepipe, but I don't have a bodykit right now

Some times the best way to get that tailgater off your but is to light a fart.
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 9:16 PM
this is something ive wanted to do for a very long time now. the main problem that exsists is the fact that to do it right (and really to do it right without having the damn exhuast dragging on the ground) you need to get rid of the stock gas tank (its in the way on the passenger side) the driver side is absoltuly perfect for this, because the stock exhuast routing acctually has a tunnel built into the floorboard so the exhuast pipe is nice and tucked up under the chassis. the gas tank is out of the way on the driver side, the passenger side is in the way-thats the main problem. what i always thought of doing was getting a racing fuel cell...cutting the spare tire well outta the trunk, and fabbing it in there, and then of course using the inside of a tailight to mount the filler neck (nice and shaved was my plan as well) side exhuast is awesome IMO, and as he said-the roush tips are something like $200 a side just for a damn "roush" hand-made peice...woopie, that was a very good idea on the custom made one man-VERY NICE-cheap and easy.

Black 97' Z24
Blacked Out and Lovin' It...
"Z Yaaaa"

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search