Traction Controll Override - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Traction Controll Override
Saturday, February 18, 2006 7:13 PM
Is there any way to override my traction control without pulling up my e brake and droping into 2nd or 1st

Re: Traction Controll Override
Saturday, February 18, 2006 7:23 PM
Nope, thats about it, unless you have a sunfire, which I'm still trying to find out if we can do that too in the cavaliers.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Saturday, February 18, 2006 7:29 PM
i've always just pulled the ebrake one click... TCS OFF light is on... after i get outta 2nd i put it back down for saftey reasons. I mean, its not gonna be grabbing 3rd...yet.

Saturday, February 18, 2006 10:32 PM
you do know that the trac gets turned off when the lever is manually selected into 1st or 2nd gears

Saturday, February 18, 2006 11:11 PM
there is. screw the 2nd 1st and e-brake.

Pull your ABS fuse. if you live where it snows. pull the fuse and pull some nice drifts in a parking lot

Working on obtainting an M-Class license... ?? Hint: 2 wheels.
Saturday, February 18, 2006 11:12 PM
or burnout some old tires

Working on obtainting an M-Class license... ?? Hint: 2 wheels.
Sunday, February 19, 2006 10:33 AM
well what i was thinking about was taking my consol back out cause theres a wire that goes to a "switch" that controlls the ebrake light and when the switch if off the wire is ungrounded so i figured if i take and install a toggle switch then run the ground to the body instead of the ebrake. Would That Work? And yes i know about the 2nd and first and abs fuse crap but i like drifting and trying to switch gears and crap isnt too easy in a freakin automatic.
Sunday, February 19, 2006 11:18 AM
by pulling the fuse for the ABS... does that cause the computer to throw code and the ABS light or any other light to come on??? i want to get rid of my tract control too.....

Sunday, February 19, 2006 11:37 AM
Silver&Black FastTrack wrote:by pulling the fuse for the ABS... does that cause the computer to throw code and the ABS light or any other light to come on??? i want to get rid of my tract control too.....

It will probably make your ABS light come on..Maybe thet are saying the TCS and the ABS both work of the same fuse
Sunday, February 19, 2006 12:01 PM
Soon 2 B V8 cavi wrote:well what i was thinking about was taking my consol back out cause theres a wire that goes to a "switch" that controlls the ebrake light and when the switch if off the wire is ungrounded so i figured if i take and install a toggle switch then run the ground to the body instead of the ebrake. Would That Work? And yes i know about the 2nd and first and abs fuse crap but i like drifting and trying to switch gears and crap isnt too easy in a freakin automatic.

I think that would work pretty decently. You'd get the "BRAKE" light when you used the switch, obviously, but yeah, that would probably work.
Sunday, February 19, 2006 7:00 PM
ABS light and the ETS Off light will come on if you pull the abs fuse, if not, the ABS light for sure. I would just pull the abs fuse and then tape off the abs light. No one needs ABS brakes anyways....they are for women drivers taht panic and push the brake pedal through the floor in emergencies. Learn how to drive, and ABS brakes do a worse job than you can.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 1:38 PM
Take it to the dealer...i have a friend at the dealer charged me 50 bucks but he removed my traction control and turned back my mileage....i think its linked to the body control unit too??
Wednesday, February 22, 2006 1:44 PM
GONZALEZ TONY wrote:Take it to the dealer...i have a friend at the dealer charged me 50 bucks but he removed my traction control and turned back my mileage....i think its linked to the body control unit too??

Turned back the mileage?? At a dealership??? Dude, that's so fricken illegal, you probably shouldn't post that kind of info on here.

Opfer benotigt. Keine Erfahrung notwendig.

Victims needed. No experience necessary.
Wednesday, February 22, 2006 1:46 PM
^^turned back your mileage

i hope you don't plan on selling your car under your "new" mileage

and if you do..i hope you get caught

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 2:00 PM
the forbidden sentence

Thursday, February 23, 2006 6:52 AM
should have had him remove the limiter too

Thursday, February 23, 2006 7:20 AM
ToBoGgAn wrote:should have had him remove the limiter too

Ooohhh... Low blow...

Thursday, February 23, 2006 10:00 AM
The traction control is set in the body control module (BCM), yes. Sunfires have the extra option of turning it off via a switch, but Cavalier's don't (even if you hook up a wire to the right pin, it won't work. Yes i've tried it)

You could disable the TC via a Tech 2 diagnostic tool, or swap in a Sunfire BCM and do a relearn on the PCM. Takes half an hour (faster with a Tech 2, but more complicated). But the mileage from the Sunfire BCM will transfer to your car.

Thursday, February 23, 2006 10:38 AM
Yeah, like that's gonna be a deterrant for him. He probably wouldn't care since he got someone to turn back the mileage anyway.

Thursday, February 23, 2006 6:30 PM
the people that said unplug the abs fuse are correct. it will disable the ETC on your car. electronic traction control does suck for those of you who like slide around in your car without pulling the emergency brake. and driving your car in 1st or 2nd gear just to over ride the ETC isn't a good idea. It's not good for the automatic trans.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search