The motor is out!!! - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
The motor is out!!!
Saturday, February 18, 2006 4:51 PM
Today I finally got that motor out. Bit of a pain is the butt, but it came out. I have 20 pictures of the removal and the clutch and some specs. and how I pulled it out. I will post the pictures later tonight. And to the J-body forum, thanks for the info. and help. I really appreciate it. Thanks again.

Time to get it going again.....

Re: The motor is out!!!
Saturday, February 18, 2006 6:04 PM
pics.....

Saturday, February 18, 2006 10:22 PM
Here is the reason why I couldn't use my hoist....thanks to my brother. Thats why I was asking in an earlier post on which was a better way to pull the motor.... by the way, thats a generator/welder that I was not allowed to move.

This a bit a difficult to see, but anyway, I had to use a fork lift to pull the motor and notice that the trans. is not on it. I had to lower the motor down to the ground, remove the trans. and then lift the motor through the top.

In this shot you can see how much meat there is in the 95 2.3L exhaust ports compared to the 91 H.O. exhaust gasket. Looks like I'll be machining that on the 5 axis.

Here's the first shot of the garage

Here's the second......what a mess

Got a little excited

Here are some clutch shots...this is what yours may look like after 60,000k's......actually looks pretty decent...no blue burn spots or deep gouges or cracks anywhere
[IMG]http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/479000-
479999/479422_88_full.jpg[/IMG]

Here is a measurement that I can hopefully reference to somebody withtan unused disk. The measurement reads 0.320". Its very hard to read because my camera isn't the greatest......

But thats basically it. I will start the tear down tomorrow moring befor the race. Thanks again guys.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 1:40 PM
Looks good man. I did the same not too long ago. Whats the reason for pulling it?

Blew it up
Sunday, February 19, 2006 4:20 PM
The motor was getting tired, but most of all to build it up. I have been saving for a little bit now and that block there will not be used for the build. I got a 2.3L block Protomec(Todd Miller) that is currently at the machine shop getting machined and what-not. Actually what brings me to a question kind of off topic. I have been looking for some valve train components for my head and have had some problems finding stuff other than Mantapart. Does anybody know of any other places that have valve guides and valves for a good price?? Hope you guys enjoyed the pics.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search