air fuel ratio gauge - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
air fuel ratio gauge
Saturday, February 18, 2006 3:48 PM
I was wanting to hook up a fuel ratio gauge up from sun pro and all the reading i get is one bar says lean and when i give gas it stays the same its on a 2.2 whats the deal

Re: air fuel ratio gauge
Saturday, February 18, 2006 3:50 PM
How do you have it hooked up?

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Saturday, February 18, 2006 4:55 PM
I tried hookin one up also and they just dont seem to work that good on our cars. I had a autometer one and it did the same thing! But when i got a wideband gage it worked fine! its kinda wierd.
Saturday, February 18, 2006 5:12 PM
i think they were installed incorrrectly

now if I can only remember what colour wire they're supposed to be hooked up too.... pretty sure its purple on an ecotec.

Saturday, February 18, 2006 5:49 PM
An air/fuel ratio gauge wont give you an accurate reading at all. You need a wideband 02 gauge if you want to know what your a/f ratio is. An a/f like your talking is just a light show basically. Just my 2 cents casue i used to have one. It was kind of annoying .

Saturday, February 18, 2006 8:17 PM
Oooooo the hate for the narrow band.....

Is a narrow band a valid tuning tool? Yes. Is a narrow band a valid _fine_ tuning tool? No.

If its giving a light show, all is good... if its always lean, always rich and its hooked up properly, you have some ideas on what todo...

Saturday, February 18, 2006 8:40 PM
does it hook up to Ur sensor going to Ur header because all i have is a blk i think and white
Saturday, February 18, 2006 9:25 PM
yes, try the other wire....

Saturday, February 18, 2006 11:19 PM
LED sweeping guages=ricer light up toy. waste of money unless you get the AEM or w/e that tellls you the actual numbers

Working on obtainting an M-Class license... ?? Hint: 2 wheels.
Sunday, February 19, 2006 2:11 AM
^^

Did you just miss the post owen made?

and watch how you throw around the word ricer if you please.

Owen's got it pretty much. although it is somewhat of a light show, it does give somewhat of an idea where your car is A/F wise.

the gauge will always go back and fourth due to the car evening itself out between rich stoich and lean, unless you have a problem, like the gauge stays on the lean or on the rich side without any reason.

Not the best tool for fine tuning but it's better than absolutely nothing.

Sunday, February 19, 2006 4:43 AM
It gives you an idea but you still don't know the real number witch is what you need to do any tuning.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Sunday, February 19, 2006 2:03 PM
that's true. but if you're dead on serious about tuning, it'd be better to get something like a M/S or a SAFC or something.

Wideband?

Sunday, February 19, 2006 4:57 PM
Well, without a data logger, a wideband is useless anyways... people say "get a wideband" but thats still not all that useful, you need to be able to see what kind of conditions such as RPM and load resulted in the air fuel ratio.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search