Oil Pres. Gauge - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Oil Pres. Gauge
Saturday, February 11, 2006 8:57 PM
I have an '03 cav with the 2.2 ecotec. i just bought an electronic oil pressure gauge and all the plumbing and fittings to hook it up but i have a problem. i do not know how to remove the old oil pressure sensor. i can't really see it so i can't tell what size of wrench it takes or how to even get to it to remove it. does anyone here know how to remove it or of any other locations to plumb the gauge into?

thanks

patrick

We Ride Together, We Die Together...... J-Bodies For Life!
SPONSORED BY: Showstopper Tuning, JM Graphics
2003 Cavalier LS Sport "SHOCKWAVE"

Re: Oil Pres. Gauge
Saturday, February 11, 2006 9:51 PM
You dont touch the stock oil pressure sender... there is a plug at rear of the head on the drivers side (allen/torx head if I remember correctly) that you remove and install an autometer #2277 M12.5->1/8th NPT fitting, then the autometer pressure sender, and wire it all up.

You want the rearmost plug, on my motor it was covered by a a grounding strap.

Saturday, February 11, 2006 11:27 PM
double posting will get you in trouble, tisk tisk

2.2 OHV
Sunday, February 12, 2006 10:02 AM
my sincere apologies for double posting. i just wanted to make sure i was posting my question in the right place for someone to see it. and thanks owen for your help.

We Ride Together, We Die Together...... J-Bodies For Life!
SPONSORED BY: Showstopper Tuning, JM Graphics
2003 Cavalier LS Sport "SHOCKWAVE"
Sunday, February 12, 2006 4:01 PM
What I did on my 04 Cavi. is this...removed the stock sender and machined a custom fitting to go into the hole for the stock sender. Then put both the stock and the custom sender on their...picture is below.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search