Dilema, which head to use? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Dilema, which head to use?
Saturday, February 11, 2006 5:21 PM
Hello all I have a 2000 Z24 for which I have 2 heads besides the one on the engine now, a 97 2.4 head and a 90 086 head. Both are in good shape and my original plan was to buy the 1mm oversized ss valves, new springs get the 2.4 head ported & polished with a 3 angle valve job then add the secret cams with my HO intake and 62mm tb and ride that for a year or two. All while I gathered the parts for a turbo motor, I already have a spare 2.4 block, parts needed ; jbp knife edged & lightened crank, Eagle rods, Wiesco 9:1 forged pistons, Total seal rings, coated rod & main bearings, ARP head & main studs, balance shaft removal, 2.3 oiling conversion, 1mm os ss valves, new springs, full port, polish & valve job on the 086 head, HO intake 62mm tb, custom turbo cams, turbo header/manifold, T3/T04e 57 trim bb turbo & fmic.

The dilema is should I just go straight to doing the work to the 086 head with HO intake and secret cams ( although the 086 head came complete with the HO cams on it) and 62mm tb, (this would require me to buy or have a custom header made now as I don't have the turbo yet).Then continue with the short block plans and just swap the top half over, or would I be better off right now doing the 2.4 head with secret cams etc. seems kinda silly to spend money twice. Although either way I go I'll have to spend money twice because if I go 086 now I'll have to have a header made then a turbo header/manifold done later when I go turbo. If i do the 2.4 now I'll have to spend the money twice for the head work & parts.

I guess what I'm asking is which way will be the least headaches and least expensive.

2000 Z24 5spd header & catback for now.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search