My "lightning chip" - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My "lightning chip"
Thursday, February 09, 2006 4:45 AM
i got it last year for christmas from my brother (from ebay). he ment well lol, shortly after I found this website and found out it was bull @!#$.... but i had to try it the chip out...

so to attach this chip all you do is sodar(dont know how to spell) these 2 wires on the 2 air sensor going to my warm air intake, ok so i did that. wired the battery back up turn the car on and off i go.
few days later when i think the computer is rethought itself enough i test the car out.

results: nothing, did not feel nothing. but days later i notice the car seems more peppy light to light. so after much testing i found out also if i have my throttle 3/4 down maybe a bit more and i floor it, feel no difference, felt like it was floored at 3/4 throttle..and car ran rough on first startup of the day(6am)

so i kept the chip on for one year and yesterday took it off.
drove around town nicely to let computer rethink again, car does not accel as much light to light, but engine feels mroe smooth, when i have the throttle 3/4 down and gun it i can feel more power now. and i start my car in morning 6 am canadian morning, no more rough idle!!

so all that stupid chip did was give a shorter throttle lol.

but yes i know all it does it makes my car THINK is getting colder air then it really is, the result of thinking of colder air is dumping more fuel in.
So you newbs out there! No chips!!

Re: My "lightning chip"
Thursday, February 09, 2006 5:36 AM
Yep, total scam. Why spend hundreds of dollars when you can spend 20 minutes and a few bucks on some wire to move the IAT sensor up to the bmper? In theory it'll net the same result by reading cooler temps.

Opfer benotigt. Keine Erfahrung notwendig.

Victims needed. No experience necessary.
Thursday, February 09, 2006 5:45 AM
well this chip costed $29.99
i wish i could go on ebay and show you guys
but im at work, cheap looking chip.
Thursday, February 09, 2006 6:00 AM
Yeah, the ebay "chips" are pretty well known. But the prices vary from 30 bucks for the ebay ones to a couple hundred for the Venom and Jet ones. In a sense, they kinda sorta mostly but not totally do what they say they do, by making your car think the throttle is open farther or whatever it does to make the ECU add more fuel, but honestly you can do the same with your right foot.

Opfer benotigt. Keine Erfahrung notwendig.

Victims needed. No experience necessary.
Thursday, February 09, 2006 4:02 PM
stick with the foot deal.

moving a sensor into the open it will get dirt buildup and not read as well. sensors are usually made to be inside of something for a reason

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search