lowered suspension, exhaust clearance - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
lowered suspension, exhaust clearance
Monday, February 06, 2006 9:55 AM
Ok, I'm trying to get this exhaust finished, and over the weekend I discovered another minor problem. I'm going to be lowering my car on Eibach Sportlines this spring and I think I'm going to have clearance issues with the exhaust. Namely, the pipe is hanging a little too low and as it is right now I'm scraping on the edge of my driveway and the occasional speed bump. Anyone found a really good way to tuck the pipe up closer to the belly of the car without replacing everything? Maybe have some hangers bent to tuck the pipe up? Help me out here.

Opfer benotigt. Keine Erfahrung notwendig.

Victims needed. No experience necessary.

Re: lowered suspension, exhaust clearance
Monday, February 06, 2006 4:23 PM
Thats what I did. I bent down the hanger before the rear twist beam to suck up the piping a bit. Then I had to go to an exhaust shop and had them cut off and weld in a new shorter hanger off the muffler for I think it was $10.

Monday, February 06, 2006 4:39 PM
I had an extra hanger welded on under the rear floor pan to tuck it up more cause i was having that problem too...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2090440

Monday, February 06, 2006 4:56 PM
Did you have to bend the rear section for the muffler back down? The Magnaflow muffler I had I used a 3.5" tip and it rode tight against the bottom of the bumper. This new muffler I'm using has a 4" tip, and I don't want to have the muffler tilted down cuz it looks kinda ridiculous, and I don't want to cut the bumper if I don't have to.

Opfer benotigt. Keine Erfahrung notwendig.

Victims needed. No experience necessary.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search