budget HP gains? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
budget HP gains?
Sunday, February 05, 2006 5:50 PM
besides intake systems with K&N filters, exhaust systems or something larger like turbos whats the best way to get a few more horsepower out of my 2.2L Chevy Cavalier (2000)

Re: budget HP gains?
Sunday, February 05, 2006 5:54 PM
If you just want a couple...pullies. Motor mounts also help.
If you want a few more, Crane rockers.
But, if you really want decent gains, you're going to need a ported head and a cam.

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Sunday, February 05, 2006 6:01 PM
rockers , better heads and cams u have to take to do a lot of work on the engine and engine mounts u gotta take the engine out, right?
my car is still a daily driver i drive 5 - 6 days a week to work and i need it to get around
not to many other bolt on like stuff, computer, electronics and ignition and spark upgrades that can be done?

I'mlearning about compact cars i am use to my old 86' chevy v-8 full size 4x4 sorry if i sound stupid about stuff ..
Sunday, February 05, 2006 7:12 PM
Quote:

rockers , better heads and cams u have to take to do a lot of work on the engine and engine mounts u gotta take the engine out, right?

Nope just have to take off the head.

For simple bolt ons you can get a header, hi-flow cat, exhuast system, Throttle body. As for computer up grades there is next to nothing. Jet chips and Venom make a pack for our cars but from what is said it does nothing to an OBD2 car.

Sunday, February 05, 2006 7:12 PM
motor mounts you can do with the motor in the car.

If it doesnt break then you didnt drive it hard enough!

I drive an automatic, I'll race you... 1 hand and 1 foot.
Sunday, February 05, 2006 9:07 PM
oh i feel stupid now but if u just have to take off the heads i would be able to do that

i do want headers and high flow cats , cant afford those yet
last year i did get cat-back dual magnaflow exhaust system
how much do better throttle bodys usually run?

thanks
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search