Do I need an APEXI S-AFC II?? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Do I need an APEXI S-AFC II??
Sunday, February 05, 2006 1:23 PM
Hey,
Tried to serach as much as possible on J-body, but still confused. Got more air, so wouldn't I need for fuel to compensate? I bought a FPR a while back and have not installed it as I was told it would do my car no good because the ECU will just drop the PSI back down to stock. But with a A/F controller...... RIght or wrong?
I really wanted to buy one today off of ebay, but just wanted to make sure that It would do me some good right now. If I bought cams, I can see It would definitely be useful, otherwise with my mods of: 62mm TB, Header, Intake, Exhaust, Pulley etc, DO I NEED IT?
Thanks

(

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"

Re: Do I need an APEXI S-AFC II??
Sunday, February 05, 2006 1:27 PM
Quote:

62mm TB, Header, Intake, Exhaust, Pulley etc

those mods, no. i had all that and i was fine.
with cams, i couldnt tell you since im running stocks. i know NJHK is running it as well as arjolt. both have cams.

Quote:

the ECU will just drop the PSI back down to stock.

idk where u heard that from. it doesnt drop the psi back, on 04+ eco's the ecu pulls fuel to mantain a 14.7 a/f

Sunday, February 05, 2006 1:28 PM
Its isn't going to help much until you open up the head,cams,nitrous or some kind of FI. If you plan on any of that sure you could get it now.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Monday, February 06, 2006 4:26 PM
When you say much, do you mean that IT WILL help a little?
If so, then I would like to buy it because I do know that down the road I will need it for sure. For now I thought it would be a nice upgrade, especially if I will notice a difference. So back to your post again Fire Fighter: Will I notice a difference?

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search