quick question - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
quick question
Saturday, February 04, 2006 12:59 PM
where can i get a short throw shifter for 99 sunfire gt?? my main sites i buy from dont have any

Re: quick question
Saturday, February 04, 2006 1:21 PM
www.carcustoms.net NO ONE here will arguee that suggestion

Saturday, February 04, 2006 1:59 PM
thats where i am looking but i cant find the part!
Saturday, February 04, 2006 3:58 PM
Karo has it, here click

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Sunday, February 05, 2006 6:13 AM
so its in the 2.3 engine section, wil it would work for my 99 2.4 because the same tranny
Sunday, February 05, 2006 6:14 AM
sorry for the double post but i read and my awnser is yes
Sunday, February 05, 2006 12:29 PM
If you're interested, there is an alternative to the B&M / Fidanza shifters out there. It's more expensive, but it eliminates a lot of the work you have to do to get the B&M's / Fidanza's installed correctly. It's made and assembled by JBodyPerformance.com.

JBP Short Throw Shifter and Knob, Full assembly

Seems a lot of folks are really happy with it, and it eliminates all the dremelling / grinding, swapping, and time usage you have to go through to get the B&M / Fidanza shifters installed. Might be something to look at if you're not comfortable swapping over and ruining some OEM stuff from your original shifter, which may be broken and worn out anyway, you get all new stuff in one package.

Monday, February 06, 2006 12:59 PM
LD9 Fury! wrote:If you're interested, there is an alternative to the B&M / Fidanza shifters out there. It's more expensive, but it eliminates a lot of the work you have to do to get the B&M's / Fidanza's installed correctly. It's made and assembled by JBodyPerformance.com.

Seems a lot of folks are really happy with it, and it eliminates all the dremelling / grinding, swapping, and time usage you have to go through to get the B&M / Fidanza shifters installed. Might be something to look at if you're not comfortable swapping over and ruining some OEM stuff from your original shifter, which may be broken and worn out anyway, you get all new stuff in one package.

have it... awesome shifter.
Monday, February 06, 2006 2:43 PM
yea B&M short throw shifter about $150 from places like summitracing.com
Monday, February 06, 2006 4:05 PM
Henry Mac wrote:
LD9 Fury! wrote:If you're interested, there is an alternative to the B&M / Fidanza shifters out there. It's more expensive, but it eliminates a lot of the work you have to do to get the B&M's / Fidanza's installed correctly. It's made and assembled by JBodyPerformance.com.

have it... awesome shifter.
So out of curiosity, was it really a "We did all of the tedious work for you, so now you just have to screw it in a hook it up." thing like they claim it is? Or did you have to do some extra stuff? Please describe your installation if you don't mind.

Monday, February 06, 2006 5:31 PM
yes, the full kit option is just a screw in the four bolts and pop on the cables. it made me laugh because the instructions made it sound as if you were a cheapskate if you bought just the shifter....

the product is 100% awesome... great shifts and no work!

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 8:35 AM
Quote:

If you're interested, there is an alternative to the B&M / Fidanza shifters out there. It's more expensive, but it eliminates a lot of the work you have to do to get the B&M's / Fidanza's installed correctly. It's made and assembled by JBodyPerformance.com.

man your my main library lol
Wednesday, February 08, 2006 9:12 AM
oh ya and my shifter is sloppy(like third when in gear, the shift moves around a bit...not much though) so buying the whole kit will make my shifter tighter?
Wednesday, February 08, 2006 9:25 AM
Jago N wrote:
Quote:

man your my main library lol
LOL!

Jago N wrote:oh ya and my shifter is sloppy(like third when in gear, the shift moves around a bit...not much though) so buying the whole kit will make my shifter tighter?
Some shifter movement is fine, and expected. I know mine moves a lot, even with the short shifter still moves a bit. Hell my '90 Corolla's stock shifter is the sloppiest thing I've ever felt, but 16 years later with no maintenance at all and no problems, it still works like a dream. I would expect that kit would remove quite a bit of slack. My B&M tightened everything up and made it feel very precise, so yea, I'd expect any shifter would.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search