Got bout $850 what should i do? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Got bout $850 what should i do?
Tuesday, January 17, 2006 7:00 PM
Ok so i have an 03 ecotec -m/t- ad i want to build up parts and put them on all at the same time like round easter what should i get if i have round 800 to 850(performance wise)? i already have rksport lower motor mount, intake, magnaflow cat converter, tein lowering springs,and a b&m short shifter. What is next in the summer i hope to get a stage 2 turbo for my car so what should i do to prepare. Please list anything and everything you belive i should have in my car. Thanks

Re: Got bout $850 what should i do?
Tuesday, January 17, 2006 7:18 PM
What should you do to prepare?

Well...I would say either:

A: Start buying parts that would contribute to the actual kit that don't come with it (Example: Turbo Timer, 2 1/2 or 3" exhaust system etc etc)

B. Save your money to contribute to the ACTUAL purchase of the turbo kit

C. Save your money...just incase something was to happen.

With that said...

No need to buy an intake because you won't need it when you're turbo'd

Motor mounts would help keep your motor from moving, hence keep your turbo from shaking possibly hitting your firewall.

If you get springs, make sure you get shock absorbers that are MADE for the height drop you're aiming for.

Nothing wrong with getting a short shifter, inexpensive and effective...my kind of purchase

Anymore questions, just ask.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 7:56 PM
Going off of what NJHK said - I'd either purchase new struts (you're gonna need them soon) or something towards the turbo project that may not be included in the kit. You could also start with your exhaust if you already have a pretty good idea of what kind of turbo setup you'll be running.

On a side note - what company/person are you buying the kit from?

Blown.
Tuesday, January 17, 2006 8:00 PM
I plan on getting the stage two turbo from hahn
Tuesday, January 17, 2006 8:11 PM
Excellent choice! I know for a fact that you'll be very happy with it. I'm pretty sure Hahn's kit are very complete; do you know if an FMU or any other fuel mods are included?

I'd finish your suspension first by purchasing some quality struts that will be able to handle a drop. Running around with a boosted J with struts that can blow at any moment is a dangerous thing.

Blown.
Wednesday, January 18, 2006 6:14 AM
I'd purchase some koni's or d-specs, then save what you have left towards the turbo.

Having all that power your going to want control. When my little brother supercharged his car and had blown struts with lowering springs. It was unnerving to drive in, not very confident.

-Chris

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search