intake manifold hp - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
intake manifold hp
Sunday, January 15, 2006 5:02 PM
i was wondering if a RSM intake manifold will help my horsepower at all. if so then how much hp would it add. because my car is not boosted and all i have is a rsm cold air intake and i kinda wanted to do some performance mods.

also would an underdrive pulley help at all
thanx for any help

Re: intake manifold hp
Sunday, January 15, 2006 5:59 PM
VERY VERY slightly. I have it, and tested it out just by itself. All I got was a somewhat nicer response. Didn't seem to make more HP/torque since it didn't pull harder under accelleration, but pedal response was little better, and it lunged harder when u first put your foot down. If I had it to do all over again, I wouldn't have done it. Not worth the price AT ALL. Search forums for the HO manifold swap. Lots more work than the RSM manifold, but that's the name of the game.

I also have the RSM 62mm Throttle Body, and it's a little too big for non-boosted cars. Of course it was better than stock, a hell of a lot better, but search for posts around here regarding TB size for N/A applications.

Underdrive pulley would help of course. It's another one of those "helper mods" that may not give you even close to the HP/torque increases they claim they can give, but revs are faster, feels slightly torquier, and small but worthwhile gains.

Sunday, January 15, 2006 6:00 PM
Do you have a dremel? You can do the "porting" on the intake manifold yourself in about an hour.

RSM's ported intake manifold sucks.. and not in a good way.

Monday, January 16, 2006 5:15 PM
Lenko, John Lenko wrote:RSM's ported intake manifold sucks.. and not in a good way.

LOL!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search