Looking to make power - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Looking to make power
Saturday, January 14, 2006 11:19 AM
Hey i m trying to figure out what would be the best mod to put on next with out spending a ridiculous amount of money.
I have header, high flow cat, cat back, intake, intake manifold , pulleys

bought a fuel pressure regulator and 270cc injectors. looking for pump rail and safc2
Thought if i get it tuned for more fuel and air i could make some power?

thanks
mike

Re: Looking to make power
Saturday, January 14, 2006 11:30 AM
i dont know what you consider "cheap" but make more power is never cheap. my best advicewould be completely fill out your reg so we know what type of motor you have in your car if you have a 2.4 i would say get the super charger

Saturday, January 14, 2006 11:32 AM
Looks like you've got fuel covered but what about air? From the mods you have done you don't have nearly enough air entering the engine to make more power. Unless you had extensive headwork done, the SAFC-II isn't something you should purchase, not to mention the pump and injectors. The only way you're going to get more power is if you start spending more money..remember, you get what you pay for.

Look into upper and lower motor mounts - they're practically a must if you have a header. They also help retain power that is normally lost in the driveline due to shifting and movement.

Blown.
Saturday, January 14, 2006 12:26 PM
You could get a larger TB for under $300, price pending on what engine you have.

If you want "cheap power" I would say go with nitrous. Its the cheapest $ per hp you can get.

Saturday, January 14, 2006 12:46 PM
Forgot to mention that i am running a 2.4 and i got the motor mounts already.
Should i scrap the air and fuel idea and get head work done
I don't really want to run nos or forced induction til i build up

thanks
Saturday, January 14, 2006 1:31 PM
Install those motor mounts, then go for a throttle body. After that, head work, or forced induction, or nitrous, or cams are the next thing for more power.

Then amount of fuel you will be putting in is overkill for a NA motor imo.

Maybe try to do some weight reduction. Lighter seats, lighter rims, fiberglass or carbin-fiber front hood fenders and trunk.

Saturday, January 14, 2006 2:23 PM
It all depends on where you want to go with your car - how much money you're willing to spend, how much time to put in, how much effort, what numbers you want to reach, what you'll do about tuning, maintenance, etc. If you're serious about engine work/forced induction then I'd suggest beefing up your engine first. All this also depends on how much boost you'll want to run (if you decide to boost). Upgrade your bottom end and look into whether or not you'd want to raise/lower/maintain your current compression.

If you're serious about putting all this money and work into your car then start reading and researching. We can tell you all the steps but what will that teach you? And how will we benefit just sitting here and typing everything out for you? Alot of it has been discussed before, some searching will yield all the answers you're looking for. But knowing what to search for means you have to decide what you want to accomplish.

Blown.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search