EGR UH OH - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
EGR UH OH
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 6:34 PM
What can i do with my EGR? I got the block off plate but i want to try out the simulator but zzperformance no longer offers it or i cant find it. I need my CEL to go off to pass inspection so i need help with this. Any Suggestions? Or does anyone have a simulator they want to sell.

2007 GM Tuner Bash...HELL YEA
PA,MD,NJ,DE,NY and all states north caravan

Re: EGR UH OH
Thursday, January 12, 2006 4:55 PM
Thursday, January 12, 2006 5:57 PM
sorry man......your best be to to pass inspection is put it back to stock then after the test put the manifold back on

Yea i spell liek wrong get over it.
Thursday, January 12, 2006 6:43 PM
Doesn't Casper electronics make the EGR simulator? I imagine there's hundreds of places that sell it (other than zzperformance, of course)

Thursday, January 12, 2006 9:32 PM
Lenko, John Lenko wrote:Doesn't Casper electronics make the EGR simulator? I imagine there's hundreds of places that sell it (other than zzperformance, of course)

nope. Althought in the morning i maybe have a solution for the EGR problem. Stay tuned.

Click the banner to enter the best Quad4 & Twin Cam site on the internet.
Thursday, January 12, 2006 10:11 PM
ive got a HO intake with egr id consider selling

Thursday, January 12, 2006 11:15 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM&00s/c sedans™)]ive got a HO intake with egr id consider selling

I thought i saw it on ebay.

Friday, January 13, 2006 3:28 PM
Friday, January 13, 2006 5:30 PM
Well i put my EGR on with the HO manifold. No check engine light from it. Car runs great. Now i just have to figure out where im losing coolant at.

Friday, January 13, 2006 5:35 PM
i just dont want it on my car....why the hell would i want exhaust going back into my intake....same with the oil breather.....im hoping my intake parts will keep alot cleaner now

Friday, January 13, 2006 5:48 PM
Boardorgohome(loves NC again) wrote:i just dont want it on my car....why the hell would i want exhaust going back into my intake....same with the oil breather.....im hoping my intake parts will keep alot cleaner now

Reduced combustion temps at part throttle. Reduced NOx emissions.
It doesn't reduce horsepower.
Also better gas mileage with the breather hooked up.
You'd be stupid to take these emission components off.
And I believe it's against the law to mess with emission components.

Friday, January 13, 2006 6:00 PM
i have an oil breather, its just not hooked into the airbox like it was before.....

and @!#$ EGR....if it doesnt come on cavys now, it doesnt need to be one mine, and i never claimed to add hp by removing it, it doesnt fit on the car with the HO on so its gone, i have a friend inspecting my car and i could care less about taking it off. Not trying to sound errogant but its off, and im keeping it off.

Friday, January 13, 2006 6:09 PM
Boardorgohome(loves NC again) wrote:i have an oil breather, its just not hooked into the airbox like it was before.....

and @!#$ EGR....if it doesnt come on cavys now, it doesnt need to be one mine, and i never claimed to add hp by removing it, it doesnt fit on the car with the HO on so its gone, i have a friend inspecting my car and i could care less about taking it off. Not trying to sound errogant but its off, and im keeping it off.

The oil breather is suppose to let blowby gasses back into the engine to be combusted. Not oil. So you are just dumping Hydrocarbons into the air. Thanks.

All I was saying is that it doesn't hurt your performance. Most people think it does.

Boardorgohome(loves NC again) wrote:
i just dont want it on my car....why the hell would i want exhaust going back into my intake....same with the oil breather.....im hoping my intake parts will keep alot cleaner now

This is not a good reason to remove the egr valve.
Removing it for the quad 4 IM is more understandable. Probably should have said that to begin with.

Friday, January 13, 2006 10:54 PM
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search