Ecotec Crane Camshafts? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ecotec Crane Camshafts?
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 2:35 PM
Looked this up in the Performance sticky talking about stage 1 and 2 and 1 being the safest....However it does not mention what stage the Crane cams are. are these a safe route to go with and how much hp would be estimated for a gain on my 2.2l ecotec
2.2L Ecotec Crane Cams Shafts

I have one true love in my life...And my girlfriend sits next to me in it

Re: Ecotec Crane Camshafts?
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 1:17 AM
They are a mild camshaft upgrade. From what I've heard no codes and a noticeable difference in your powerband.

There really is no set HP gain for anyone to get.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 7:23 AM
Check out Crower cams. They are the company that grinds the GM performance cams and they are the only company I know of that has like 6 or 7 different grinds for the ECO.
Call them up tell them what your plans are and they'll recomend which cam to run.
They are great to deal with.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 7:29 AM
Jackalope wrote:Check out Crower cams. They are the company that grinds the GM performance cams and they are the only company I know of that has like 6 or 7 different grinds for the ECO.
Call them up tell them what your plans are and they'll recomend which cam to run.

I heard they are good as well.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 7:58 AM
NJHK (King Of Newbies) wrote:
Jackalope wrote:Check out Crower cams. They are the company that grinds the GM performance cams and they are the only company I know of that has like 6 or 7 different grinds for the ECO.

I heard they are good as well.

Yeah just a little. They've been around since like the 40's !

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 9:27 AM

Comp Cams also has 5 grinds for the Ecotec. 3 N/A, a Turbo, and a Superg\charger if I'm not mistaken.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 10:41 AM
i think it's a nictrous grind hypsy and the turbo/super is the same... could be wrong...

cranes cams dynod 8 whp and 10 tq off of the test car in flordia I believe it was an automatic ls sport coupe, yellow

he posted pictures and quite a write up if I remember right

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 3:36 PM
id try it but i dont have alot of faith in cams on a modded engine, to date they just havent worked at all well

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 4:02 PM
My Crane Cams serve me just fine and dandy. I'll try to scan and post up the cam cards I recieved with them as well, if that is legal.?.?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search