Motor Mounts? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Motor Mounts?
Saturday, December 10, 2005 7:01 AM
Do motor mounts really help anything, can you notice it when your car is running all im askin are upper and lower motor mounts helpful for their cost?

Re: Motor Mounts?
Saturday, December 10, 2005 7:23 AM
Honestly, working on suspension and stiffening up your mounts should be the *first* thing you should do before applying stuff that will open up your car's performance capabilities. The upper and lower motor mounts are easy to install, and allow more efficient power transfer.

Here's a list on what you can do before you start adding anything else.

Motor Mounts/Transmission Mounts:

RK Sport upper motor mount - carcustoms.net sells them for around $100 and you get free shipping.

Rk Sport lower motor mount - carcustoms.net sells them for less than $50 and of course free shipping.

Prothane Transmission mounts - get the full set for cheap and free shipping at carcustoms.net

Suspension:
1. If you have the money, get Tein Superstreet coilovers, they are incredible.

2. If you are on a budget, Tokico D-Spec struts and shocks with Eibach Prostreet (for not so aggressive lowering) or Sportlines (for aggressive lowering) is a good setup. I know several people with that setup and they have NO complaints. Hell, I've never even heard of any D-specs blowing.

*Note: Do not skimp on your suspension because doing so can put not only yourself, but others on the street in danger. Also, everything above is merely a suggestion. You do not have to follow these specific steps, but I highly suggest that you do. Just think about it, your suspension is *key* to helping you put power where it belongs... The ground. You can ask any of the jbody experts on this site, and I'm sure they'll agree with me.

"Sig under construction"
Saab Turbo Project.... Nearing completion.
Saturday, December 10, 2005 7:25 AM
well they reduce engine roll which puts more of the horsepower you're making to the wheels. if you get an aftermarket header you almost definitely want to get them so you don't crack your header from the engine roll.

but they also can cause your to rattle itself apart.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Saturday, December 10, 2005 8:59 AM
definently. it will create more noise and rattle but i wouldnt do any other mods before this one.
Saturday, December 10, 2005 9:49 AM
blink 777069 wrote:definently. it will create more noise and rattle but i wouldnt do any other mods before this one.

Rattling will only occur when your idle

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, December 10, 2005 9:51 AM
Not once they have been in for a while and rattled somethings loose.Area's of my dash rattle all the time.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Saturday, December 10, 2005 9:59 AM
yea. it gets real bad when idle but now my glove box shakes slighty while at high speeds
Sunday, December 11, 2005 10:30 PM
You'll def feel it on acceleration cuz the whole drivetrain locks down and goes. Raise the hood on your car with it running and rev the engine. Watch how much the engine moves. Then, get the mounts (all of them) and put them in and then do the same. The engine will barely move at all. Plus, no matter how much abuse you put them through, they won't break down like the sloppy stock mounts (at least in my experience)

2003 LS Sport: Weapon R intake, Ported TB, and Underdrive Pulley...for now...
Sunday, December 11, 2005 11:51 PM
BoltZ22 wrote:well they reduce engine roll which puts more of the horsepower you're making to the wheels. if you get an aftermarket header you almost definitely want to get them so you don't crack your header from the engine roll.

but they also can cause your to rattle itself apart.

correction. more TORQUE from power transfer

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search