Supercharged and turbocharged eco.... - Performance Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Supercharged and turbocharged eco....
Saturday, December 10, 2005 12:40 AM
Not sure if its been posted here yet or not , but thought I would share. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but please move it to the correct one if needed. The car needs more tuning...basically boost on blower will be dropped and boost on turbo will be raised to help with traction and top end...enjoy.

Twin Charged Eco!

"It's a neon until it beats you............then its an srt-4"

Re: Supercharged and turbocharged eco....
Saturday, December 10, 2005 1:12 AM
Seems interesting but kind of a pain in the ass and somewhat pointless. He would get tons better tuning if he was dependant on a Turbocharger cause what he's doing is using 2 different devices to raise compression and throw air in but it's hard to tell how much fuel he needs to maintain both.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, December 10, 2005 4:41 AM
the idea is that you are feeding pressurized air from the turbo (regulater by the wastegate on the turbo) into the windings of the supercharger which will further pressurize it.
Putting a larger pulley on teh blower and tightenning the wastegate on the turbo will mean the blower does less work and the turbo does more (turbo is the more efficient of the two anyway) and still keeps the same final boost readings.
My question: Do you have a gauge hooked to the charge pipes as well as the manifold pressure boost gauge to actually watch exactly how much added boost the blower is giving?

Cardomain|Myspace

Saturday, December 10, 2005 5:19 AM
Its kinda cool but if you watch the vid the speedometer may move as fast as the tach but watch in the back ground..... the scenery doesn't move any faster, meaning the things just blowing off the tires. So why bother?

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Saturday, December 10, 2005 8:03 AM
probably the worst quality vid i've ever seen.... you can't even see the turbo in the engine shot, and is that SNOW?! no wonder the guy is just spinning straight to redline in every gear.... I wonder who's car it is though, i know that Psi-Fi Motorsports was working on a twincharger kit, and they do have a black redline....

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Saturday, December 10, 2005 9:14 AM
REPOST AND WORTHLESS

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Saturday, December 10, 2005 10:48 AM
It's not very safe to be punching it on a public road when it's wet or icy outside....

"Sig under construction"
Saab Turbo Project.... Nearing completion.
Saturday, December 10, 2005 11:17 AM
there is a BOOST fourm for a reason

USE IT

Saturday, December 10, 2005 11:45 AM
^Its already in other cars.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search