header/cat problems help! - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
header/cat problems help!
Friday, December 09, 2005 9:34 PM
Ok where do i start with the problems on my car. First My car is running fine, then the next thing i know it seems like im running cams. my car is idling at 900 but pulsing hard, then i hit the gas quick, and it idles at what i stop reving it at, and then comes down really really slow. runs fine when driving though. I have a check engine light on but ive had one on pretty much since ive had my headerback put on because of the bank one sensor one bs. So i go to get it checkd out at autozone and they said clogged catalyst or something basically that my cat is clogged and its causing too much backpressure and making my car run like poo poo. Anyone have any ideas on that? if not then theres a pacesetter ceramic 4-1 header and magnaflow high flow cat for sale. Next my 8000k mc cullough HIDS are fine, i turn them off, go into strawberrys come out and they wont turn on. i pull the fuses out and theyre fine, i put them back in and my lights come back on. wtf?! anyone help me with any of this? im so fed up with the car tonight and am ready to just put everything back to stock. please help so i dont have to junk all the parts on my car! thanks

Re: header/cat problems help!
Friday, December 09, 2005 9:38 PM
which cat do you have 94035? depending on if the cat can or cant handle the extra flow and have clogged or something from your gas, extra gas from any iat mods....long story short a few things can cause a cat to clog, however your second o2 sensor should tell you if something is wrong.

Saturday, December 10, 2005 1:36 AM
the second o2 sensor was the one reading the code, the light came on after being off for a week and i figured it was just the bank one sensor one problem again but this one is bank one sensor two clogged catalyst. for mods i have aem cai, upper lower motor mounts, plugs, wires, 4-1 pacesetter ceramic header, magnaflow cat, magnaflow single catback.

Sunday, December 11, 2005 8:37 PM
Today i looked at the exhaust it was jet black, ran my finger inside the tip, and it was covered in black suit not the usual exhaust dust. parked it till i get the new parts. any ideas on that one?

Sunday, December 11, 2005 10:06 PM
catco 2.25" hi-flow cat.
new o2 sensor... just to make sure....

reset the ecu .... DONE

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
14.224 @ 102.01MPH @ 5.5psi.... 2.3 60'
Next: Civic JDM B16a2 w/GSR LSD Turbo - Goal 300whp 1400lbs...
Monday, December 12, 2005 8:51 PM
i replaced the front one with a bosh, not havnt any problems now, hopefully i replace the cat like you said, with a new 02 sensor, and i wont have any problems anymore. Im driving my show truck and if we get snow im SOL. We'll see what happens, then I still have to replace that power steering pump from those reverse donuts....:-)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search