silent muffler - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
silent muffler
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 7:13 PM
well im starting to miss the sound of my intake from a long while back b4 i even had an exhaust, anyways...question is, wuts the muffler which maintains stock sound, stock look but still has a free flow, i have a full exhaust so i dont wanna slow it rite down at the end with a stock muffler, thanks

Re: silent muffler
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 8:48 PM
i love my intake blasts so i have the stock one with a muffler tip

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 8:50 PM
thats wut id love to go back too, but spent all that money on a pipe and free flow full exhaust, its like hitting a brick wall at the end haha jus wanna hear that intake sound i loved before
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 10:41 PM
A Thrush TurboMuffler flows well and sounds quiet. And you can do as much resonator work as possible to mute it down.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 11:05 PM
Check out Magnaflow mufflers...they are low and deep.

Just so you know, there isn't going to be any aftermarket companies that sell a muffler that is going to sound EXACTLY like your stock one for the fact that they are designed differently and in some cases bigger as far as inlet and outlet sizes.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 1:12 PM
yeah i understand i cant have free flow and stock sound, but i jus want the quiestest to stock muffler which still flows at a high rate, def want the intake sound back, sounded better neways
Wednesday, October 26, 2005 1:27 PM
dynomax turbo muffler on mine sounds pretty quite. i can still hear my intake whistle.

"IF YOU PERSIST IN DOING WHAT YOU HAVE ALWAYS DONE .....
EXPECT RESULTS NO DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU HAVE ALREADY ACHIEVED"

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 3:00 PM
gonna have to search that one up, thanks
Thursday, October 27, 2005 8:45 AM
You can also get a Dynomax Super Turbo muffler for around $35 from Summit Racing. It provides low exhaust sound on hard acceleration but during normal driving or cruising its not loud at all. Thats what I have my cavalier when I gave it to my sister. Best bang for the quite muffler sound especially when you already have a cat-back exhaust.
Thursday, October 27, 2005 8:59 AM
if you decide to put on a new muffler, try a resonator, too. that'll help in keeping the sound to a minimum.

Blown.
Thursday, October 27, 2005 9:03 AM
scud, thanks for posting this. i'm looking to do the same thing. my wife got a ticket for loud exhaust and she wants me to quiet it down. i was looking at the dynomax's and that will be the way to go. i have a MBRP system now, it looks like the magnaflow setup, but the drone is really getting to be a pain.

03 fire. Yeah's it's an ECO.

Thursday, October 27, 2005 5:43 PM
im gonna try a res on my exhaust and if it doesnt give me the sound to my liking then im gonna quiet the hell out of it
Thursday, October 27, 2005 6:52 PM
Glass pack or resonator, just go with the largest/longest one that will fit. Also, make sure it has a perforated core, not the louvred core.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search