deleting cat?...O2 simulator for ecotec? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
deleting cat?...O2 simulator for ecotec?
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 6:28 PM
If I wanted to remove my cat is there an 02 simulator that works for an 02-05 ecotec?
Or could I just keep the 02 sensor out of the bung so it gets air to it like someone has suggested?

Re: deleting cat?...O2 simulator for ecotec?
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 8:35 PM
main question : why do you remove your cat??? I have a magnaflow hi flow cat and no codes. I didn't heard a cavy or fire without one, but a lot of people say it sound like @!#$...

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 8:37 PM
Quote:

I didn't heard a cavy or fire without one, but a lot of people say it sound like @!#$...

<< doesnt have one...doesnt should like $h*!...dont know how it would sound on an etec but im not puttin mine back on

"Freedom 'ought to have its limits"-George W. Bush may 31 1999 (who voted for this idiot?)

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 8:40 PM
depend on the exhaust mods and engine I suppose...

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 8:46 PM
if you take the cat off make your own flamethrower kit! it would be badass! if you get caught by the police just say "i'm still protecting the enviroment!"(then you would be getting 2 tickets maybe 3 and a couple clubs in the head with night sticks)

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 10:33 PM
My car shot flames when I was running on the test pipe. You want the truth? If you ARE NOT BOOSTED, KEEP YOUR LOW END TORQUE AND YOUR CAT.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Tuesday, October 25, 2005 10:42 PM
only cat-less jbody i heard that sounded good was mine, once i installed the turbo. anywhere except boost, just keep the cat, you wont see any gains taking it off.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 10:57 PM
If you take it off an unamed source told me that just put it 18 inches or less from the first one on your manifold or header and it will get the correct temp because it just banks the reading back and forth. i would think it works thats what we are gonna do on my car.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 10:15 AM
I've got the 2.2 ohv, took my cat out a couple weeks ago and did the $5 mod for the o2 sensor, and no code. It sounds really good from what most people say, but I'm running a 31" and a 25" resonator, no muffler.
Wednesday, October 26, 2005 11:14 AM
thanks for polluting the enivornment @!#$s.

I hope that massive minimal gain is worth all the @!#$ your putting into the air.

-Chris

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 1:36 PM
Vincent Morris wrote:If you take it off an unamed source told me that just put it 18 inches or less from the first one on your manifold or header and it will get the correct temp because it just banks the reading back and forth. i would think it works thats what we are gonna do on my car.

its not temperature it reads, its how much oxygen is in the exhaust stream. do a search... theres a way you can do it by slightly letting the sensor out into the air or something.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 10:02 PM
IamRascal wrote:thanks for polluting the enivornment @!#$s.

I hope that massive minimal gain is worth all the @!#$ your putting into the air.

when i finish the project, and am running a 3" non-cat exhaust system, i'm going to remember this post. just so i can say "hehehehehe... you don't have to breathe if you don't want to" lol j/k man. But in all reality, you're kind of preaching to the choir here. The V8 cars that put out 3x the CFM that run dumps or catless systems, or the Harley Davidsons running around with open pipes are the ones that need to be fixed.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Thursday, October 27, 2005 12:09 PM
Spotabee Racing wrote:
IamRascal wrote:thanks for polluting the enivornment @!#$s.

when i finish the project, and am running a 3" non-cat exhaust system, i'm going to remember this post. just so i can say "hehehehehe... you don't have to breathe if you don't want to" lol j/k man. But in all reality, you're kind of preaching to the choir here. The V8 cars that put out 3x the CFM that run dumps or catless systems, or the Harley Davidsons running around with open pipes are the ones that need to be fixed.

I'll agree to that.

-Chris

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search