AEM Cold Air Intake in Rainy Weather??? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
AEM Cold Air Intake in Rainy Weather???
Friday, October 21, 2005 7:17 AM
What if any are the Side Affects of Driving with a CAI in rainy weather- I removed my Foglight to get direct air to it so im assuming water may be splashing into the filter. Am I doing harm to my engine? Thanks for the input!

Re: AEM Cold Air Intake in Rainy Weather???
Friday, October 21, 2005 7:26 AM
if your AEM CAI included a bypass valve then you are protected unless your filter is basically completely submerged in water. most of the time, if any vapor gets sucked into the intake, it's evaporated by the time it would be combusted. however, too much water, naturally we know that water does not compress or combust. and that's how you get hydrolocking. just don't go driving through big puddles.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Friday, October 21, 2005 8:36 AM
I bought the bypass but i didn't cut the tube- I replaces the coupler were the Plastic Pipe and the Metal Meet. I don't know if that's the correct spot-But I been through some rainy days and my engine still runs but I didn't know if there was any long term affect- Thanks
Friday, October 21, 2005 8:58 AM
if its just raining dont worry about it. like said above dont go driving through some deep puddles or anything similar. i have it and it has seen many nasty rainy days and stll fine.

MY 2003 SUNFIRE 15.6@86mph

"A N/A ecotec is not gonna give Honda's and Mitsu's that much of a run for their
money unless their blown or bottle fed.GM is still smokin crack!"
~1QWKZ24
www.streetracing.org, 08/2001
Friday, October 21, 2005 5:53 PM
I have mine and we had a friggin monsoon here last week if anyones in the ct/ri area you know what i mean. and i went hydroplaning thru this puddle or what seemed like a small lake and i had no problems. had mine on almost 5 months and no problems yet. where its at in the bumper you shouldnt really have any problems unless you plan on submering the whole thing.

Friday, October 21, 2005 6:05 PM
I put my bypass valve here:

I had to drive home one day when it poured and the roads were all flodded, and I had no problems, except that the belt squeels if I go through a big puddle.
Saturday, October 22, 2005 2:45 AM
I have a AEM cai and have had it on about 5 months, i just took a long road trip in the rain and didnt have any problems and have driven in the rain around town many times. The bypass is mainly for filters that are close to the ground, incase it becomes totally submerged in water the bypass kicks in.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search