senser on intake - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
senser on intake
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 7:51 AM
ok i bought an aftermarket intake but i know that the closer that the senser is to the air flow the better the reading. now should i cutt off that little tube and drill a hole to put it in like 1MM or what else should i do. any thoughts, ideas, facts, or any input would be great.thx

Re: senser on intake
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 8:37 AM
it shoudl have a hole where the sensor is supposed to go
i would put it there

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 9:12 AM
senser is too big
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 10:17 AM
drill it out and buy a new grommet. Insert sensor. Wala

New sig in the works
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 11:15 AM

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 11:19 AM
my weapon r one is in the rubber tubing it came with and works fine.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 4:47 PM
BoltZ wrote:my weapon r one is in the rubber tubing it came with and works fine.

one of the WORST places to put it....

thats like putting you ECT sensor on the outside of the coolant pipes and taping it down...

theres a reason theres a cage and a bulb on the sensor and the sensor comes stock INSIDE the INTAKE PIPE.... its this way on pretty much EVERY engine with an IAT sensor.

because it reads the temp of the air inside thats flowing past it...

stick it in a tube its not getting any air flow and reads hotter than it should.... good way to de-engineer your setup.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 8:12 PM
thats what i though thx
Tuesday, October 04, 2005 8:20 PM
it a good way to make your car run slightly leaner though. when the computer reads the the intake temp is warm i doesn add as much fuel and when it reads that the temp is cold it adds more fuel. but the IAT sensor wont change the amount of fuel by very much . just my 2cents

ITS ALL FUN IN GAMES TILL SOMEONE GETS SHOT IN THE LEG
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 10:22 AM
Dirty Muffins (Event) wrote:
BoltZ wrote:my weapon r one is in the rubber tubing it came with and works fine.

thats like putting you ECT sensor on the outside of the coolant pipes and taping it down...

theres a reason theres a cage and a bulb on the sensor and the sensor comes stock INSIDE the INTAKE PIPE.... its this way on pretty much EVERY engine with an IAT sensor.

stick it in a tube its not getting any air flow and reads hotter than it should.... good way to de-engineer your setup.

i know, but its not causing me any problems. i'm just haven't bothered to drill a hole. just stuck it in the 1 inch tube that came with the intake.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 8:57 PM
BoltZ wrote:
Dirty Muffins (Event) wrote:

i know, but its not causing me any problems. i'm just haven't bothered to drill a hole. just stuck it in the 1 inch tube that came with the intake.

on that note, remember locating the iat or those ebay chips dont cause problems......right away. but over time anything misplaced can cause problems

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search