camshaft specs - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
camshaft specs
Sunday, October 02, 2005 7:37 PM
i have an ecotec engine and was wanting to get some blanks from gm and have them ground...my question is where can i find some specs for the stage 1 cams...i want something that isnt gonna throw codes like i have heard of the stage 2 doing....i'm stock internals so this will be the first of internals that i prolly will end up doing....please send me links to any sites where i can get the specs and when i go to the machine shop what specs will they need to grind these

I AM the man from Nantucket

Re: camshaft specs
Sunday, October 02, 2005 8:13 PM
from JBODYPERFORMANCE.COM...

Quote:

Stage 1 2200ECOTEC

Duration @ .050*, Valve Lift
INTAKE 200*, 433
EXHAUST 200*, 433

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Monday, October 03, 2005 3:01 PM
ok the gm cam specs are....Duration .050-inch....lift is 268 intake and 268 exhaust
max lift is .464 intake and exhaust and lobe centerline is 232 degrees

Monday, October 03, 2005 3:02 PM
whats the specs on the stock cams.......what i really wanna know is what do i need to tell the machine shop when i tell them to grind me a set of cams.....and what kind of ballpark price and i looking at to get these cams ground

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 10:45 AM
the jbp stage 1 seem much more mild than the GM performance cams. looks like the GM ones would be extreme enough to trip codes..... i def. would be interested in finding out how much a machine shop would charge rather than paying $500+ to buy them from a company. Jason, hit me back if u find out some prices.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search