The 300k club - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
The 300k club
Sunday, September 25, 2005 2:06 PM
Well my car is actually approaching 310k right about now and i've put one of those gross mufflers on it so its really loud now, that i guess was strictly for noise but i got a little performance out of it i think. Also i just put in a Cold Air Intake. i definately noticed the car pulls a little harder after that. But i'm sitting here wondering if i should just start digging a hole for this car. It seems like its about time to get a new set of wheels. Damn school taking all my money. It's a 2.2l 96 sedan so.... should i pull the plug or keep going on this monster.

-Z

Re: The 300k club
Sunday, September 25, 2005 4:51 PM
Don't invest in mods just run it into the ground then demo it.

Sunday, September 25, 2005 7:22 PM
Zed wrote:Well my car is actually approaching 310k right about now and i've put one of those gross mufflers on it so its really loud now, that i guess was strictly for noise but i got a little performance out of it i think. Also i just put in a Cold Air Intake. i definately noticed the car pulls a little harder after that. But i'm sitting here wondering if i should just start digging a hole for this car. It seems like its about time to get a new set of wheels. Damn school taking all my money. It's a 2.2l 96 sedan so.... should i pull the plug or keep going on this monster.

i;d say do what you feel you wanna do...

depending on how many miles the engine has or if its been rebuilt, really intake and exhaust makes it more efficient...

here i'll put it to ya like this....AE86, i remember people used to crack on those cars constantly.... but now they are one of the biggest drift cars and people are refreshing engines with 400K and chassis with over 500K and making decent daily drivers and race cars....

if anything use it to learn from.

Sunday, September 25, 2005 7:23 PM
and if something DOES go wrong, that engine is easy as nuts to find, fix, and buy and theres an abundance so you can always get a new engines for little money and many more miles of reliability.

Sunday, September 25, 2005 8:09 PM
you have close to 310k on a 96? damn where do you drive all the time?

i have a 91 cavalier that is approaching 275k, and my current 97 sunfire with 140k
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search