header with 2.5" collector - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
header with 2.5" collector
Sunday, September 25, 2005 12:59 PM
Sup guys...

I have a goal of about 200 hp (not sure yet if n/a or boost... it depends on the HPTuner software's success to unlock the n/a potential of our cars), so I figured 2.5" is the way to go for my exhaust. The problem is finding a header with a 2.5" collector because if I'm not mistaking, the pacesetter and weapon-r/rksport ones are all 2.25". Since an exhaust is only as efficient as its smallest piping, I think I would pretty much nullify the potential of having a 2.5" exhaust over a 2.25" if I went with a 2.25" collector.

Is their a way to make the collector bigger or something ? Or do I have to get a header custom made (which I would really like not having to do) ?

15.891 @ 88 mph stock, still getting @!#$ty launches...

Re: header with 2.5" collector
Sunday, September 25, 2005 1:36 PM
DanteMustDie wrote:Sup guys...

I have a goal of about 200 hp (not sure yet if n/a or boost... it depends on the HPTuner software's success to unlock the n/a potential of our cars), so I figured 2.5" is the way to go for my exhaust. The problem is finding a header with a 2.5" collector because if I'm not mistaking, the pacesetter and weapon-r/rksport ones are all 2.25". Since an exhaust is only as efficient as its smallest piping, I think I would pretty much nullify the potential of having a 2.5" exhaust over a 2.25" if I went with a 2.25" collector.

Is their a way to make the collector bigger or something ? Or do I have to get a header custom made (which I would really like not having to do) ?

dude have you even checked their websites...?

http://pacesetterexhaust.com/headers_detail.htm

the the runners are 1.5 inch the collector is 3 inch of which you can reduce.... Cavalier, Malibu - NEW 02-04 2.2L Ecotec 1-1/2" 3"

Sunday, September 25, 2005 2:08 PM
memory owns me I guess. Thanks for the info

15.891 @ 88 mph stock, still getting @!#$ty launches...
Sunday, September 25, 2005 3:07 PM
all cool mang

most of the 2.4 and eco headers though are usually 2.5 and above from what i remember...

the 2.2 ohv are usually 2.25 and 2.5

Monday, September 26, 2005 12:08 PM
They ususually throw a 2.25" downpipe on 'em tho, easy enough to grab a piece of flex pipe and weld a 2.5 downpipe on it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search