control arm bushings - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
control arm bushings
Sunday, September 25, 2005 11:06 AM
do control arm bushings help with drivability and decrease wheel hop ? i hear that they will actually give back 1 or 2 hp . kind of like the motor mounts.is all of this true ? and how hard is the install ?thanks

ITS ALL FUN IN GAMES TILL SOMEONE GETS SHOT IN THE LEG

Re: control arm bushings
Sunday, September 25, 2005 11:07 AM
no they don't add power. but they will help reduce wheelhop. and of course, ride stiffening and greater handling. just like motor mounts. they don't actually add horsepower or torque, just help increase the transfer.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Sunday, September 25, 2005 11:07 AM
you;re not gonna get hp from a SUSPENSION product....

basically they keep the wheels planted better.

any bushing setup basically keeps stuff from moving and puts more energy/power to the ground effectively.

Sunday, September 25, 2005 11:26 AM
ya thats kind of what i figured they would do i wasnt really expecting them to ad power just transfer the power better . how hard is the install and how much will they help on the wheel hop?

Sunday, September 25, 2005 11:29 AM
you have rip apart the suspension from what i hear. if you have someone do it for you, they will ass rape you for labor

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, September 25, 2005 11:32 AM
usually around 180$ install....

medium to tough difficulty if you do it yourself. if you get frustrated easy, have a shop do it.

Sunday, September 25, 2005 11:55 AM
ok so all you realy have to do is disconnect the drivaxle,struts, brakes(installing new rotors and pads),then pull the control arm off right. is there anything else that im missing?

Sunday, September 25, 2005 12:01 PM
Here is a HOW TO for the installation. They are only $35 with shipping at CAR CUSTOMS and even if you spend around $180 on installation you are still only looking at $215 and I would say it is worth it.

Sunday, September 25, 2005 7:48 PM
eh just do it yourself. it may be a pain in the ass but it's worth the learning experience.

Sunday, September 25, 2005 8:16 PM
working on your own car is always fun and when its finished and works it makes you feel good about yourself

The one, the only, ME.
Sunday, September 25, 2005 8:20 PM
Just disconnect the ball joint and pop the a-arm out. I used a hole saw to cut through the rubber and then a hack saw to remove the outer ring. Pretty simple.

Sunday, September 25, 2005 8:59 PM
Make sure you have money though to get your car alligned afterwards... otherwise your looking at money for new tires in a hurry. Its worth the money in my opinion. My car has all the major bushings replaced and it pulls much harder under acceleration.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 8:06 PM
so how do we get the control arm off . i know that there is the 3 main bolts but then how do you go about getting the bolt to slide out of the hole that attaches the arm to the sturut and wheel hub?

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 10:11 PM
john lewis wrote:so how do we get the control arm off . i know that there is the 3 main bolts but then how do you go about getting the bolt to slide out of the hole that attaches the arm to the sturut and wheel hub?

air tools will get the job done

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search