part swamis i need your help - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
part swamis i need your help
Thursday, September 15, 2005 2:58 PM
ok so as some of you have seen in a previous post of mine i have an eco engine that i am wanting to build however...i talked to the machine shop today and they cant get the sleeves to resleeve the block....does anyone know if you can get just the sleves or do u have to buy a whole new block....if you can get the sleves if anyone knows the part numbers please let me know

I AM the man from Nantucket

Re: part swamis i need your help
Thursday, September 15, 2005 3:04 PM
I'll check at work tomorrow and get back to you.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, September 15, 2005 9:33 PM
you don't necessarily have to resleeve the block. you can use your stock sleeves and have it posted if you wanted to go that route.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Thursday, September 15, 2005 10:25 PM
Spotabee Racing wrote:you don't necessarily have to resleeve the block. you can use your stock sleeves and have it posted if you wanted to go that route.

Agreed.

You're stock sleves hold about 500+ HP (I believe that's what they're rated at).

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, September 15, 2005 10:26 PM
If you really wanted to, you could check out Darton Sleeves, I know they make them for the ECOTEC motor.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, September 15, 2005 10:38 PM
a good machine shop will probably charge you around $200 for a good post job. which, Adam is right, will hold 500 hp without problems.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Thursday, September 15, 2005 11:04 PM
If you're hardcore http://www.goldeneaglemfg.com/sleeving.html

Quote:

Most of the top racers in the Import Drag Racing circuit rely on Golden Eagle Mfg. sleeved blocks to keep them winning and breaking records. Race teams like Team Bergenholtz, Saturn Racing ( Lisa Kubo ), Gardella Racing, Team Venom, JJ Olson and many others exclusively use Golden Eagle Mfg. sleeved blocks. These teams have no room for error and that is why they come to us for their performance engine block needs.

Friday, September 16, 2005 7:24 AM
Part # 88984129 List price is $131.75 each. You may want to re-think.

Hope this helps you & good luck.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search