Rocker arms - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rocker arms
Thursday, September 01, 2005 6:54 PM
Ok what would happen if i were to have put the rocker arms and push rods back in reverse order. Would the car just run really rough would make a ton of noise. My car is making a lot of noise and i am wondering if i didnt reverse the order.... if i didnt and now am reversing the order how much damage could i do.... let me know what you guys think.

Re: Rocker arms
Thursday, September 01, 2005 7:02 PM
as long as the arm is from the same spot and the rod as well, the wear patterns on the metal to metal contact should be the same... if you just took em all out and threw em all in, you might run into probs if you have alot of wear, however if its not alot of wear, it shouldnt be much a problem...

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 6:13 AM
Ok well I ordered new push rods for my car and am looking at getting a set of new rocker arms I saw on the one of the sites listed in the sticky at the top of the forum that there are 1:1.6 and 1:1.5 roller rocker arms avialable. What is the difference between the two and will one benifit me more than the other? Are either of them interchangable with the stock ones or are they for specific vin numbers? Thanks for all the help.
Tuesday, September 06, 2005 7:56 AM
the 1.6 will net a bit in performance gain, since the stock 98 2200 rockers are 1.54:1 (listed at 1.6:1) but event i believe had it measured as 1.54:1.

I'm not that sure on brands, but they should be interchangable. Do a search, and you'll find some info on part numbers. Comp cam offers a set i believe. also, maybe some from howell automotive.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 8:44 AM
gary howell teched em to 1.54

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 9:46 AM
GM just likes to pull our leg. we all know the stock 2200 rockers aren't 1.6 ratio

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search