limited slip. worth it or not? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
limited slip. worth it or not?
Thursday, September 01, 2005 2:48 PM
http://www.highrevmotorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=27_35&products_id=1101

Any one have this or know anything about this product or other lsd's (limited slip differential). Pros, cons. Are there any other lsds out there other than this one. Does any one not a big difference when accelerating. My tires just spin a lot of the line and wanting to know if this would help with that or if it would just make it worse. Prob the crappy tires that gm gives you when you guy the car. (05 cavy). Damn 14inch Goodyear pos lol. Im not big on rims and never have been, ive just been holding out on them, going all performance wise first i know eventually ill have to get different rims and tires but for now im fine. any thoughts or comments would help thanks

Re: limited slip. worth it or not?
Thursday, September 01, 2005 3:00 PM
Just keep in mind HRM is no longer in business despite their website still being up.

Thursday, September 01, 2005 3:02 PM
you bet your arse its worth it!

everything it states, its a pro, there are very few if any cons...

gm tires in stock form arent as crappy as most thing. matter of fact, pep boys 39$ dollar tires are what you call crappy. hard as hell, but just made to last long.

theres this lsd, which i already have, and theres the team green one...

go to phantomgrip.com and read up... mines been in for over 2 years now.

Thursday, September 01, 2005 3:09 PM
alright so is that the only site then that is currently selling them or that you know of any way. Was it a pretty hard install and where there a lot of extras that you needed to do the install. overall do you like the lsd
Thursday, September 01, 2005 3:10 PM
Dam-it Muffins (Event) wrote:you bet your arse its worth it!

everything it states, its a pro, there are very few if any cons...

gm tires in stock form arent as crappy as most thing. matter of fact, pep boys 39$ dollar tires are what you call crappy. hard as hell, but just made to last long.

theres this lsd, which i already have, and theres the team green one...

go to phantomgrip.com and read up... mines been in for over 2 years now.

How long does it take to install LSD? Any the page says it excerts pressure on the spider gears, I heard the spiders on the Isuzu tranny are crap. Is that a good thing?

---

Thursday, September 01, 2005 7:09 PM
install takes all of a few minutes... i had phantomgrip install it the first time around cause they had to use my diff to prototype the 3 speed auto.... which ironically is the same as the 4 speed.

compress the plates with springs and put the holding pins in, remove the diff dowel, insert the plates, remove the holding pins insert diff dowell, done.

isuzu tranny... cryo treat em for safety or get some specially cut would be my advice.

if i didnt like it, it wouldnt be there after 2 years.

and for sites that sell em, like said, go to phantomgrip.com

personally its easier to get a spare diff, send it to em, and have em do it if you are new to the game... the second time i installed it, i was at the tranny shop so they monitored what i was doing... i was just there to learn.

Thursday, September 01, 2005 8:25 PM
did you use a 3 speed auto for yours I didnt know they made an lsd for the autos. is the install the same?

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Thursday, September 01, 2005 8:26 PM
ignore the first part (watching tv) but you did use an lsd for an auto

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Thursday, September 01, 2005 10:02 PM
yup its the same on any transmission really... most diffs are built the same wa.

and yup, my diff was what they prototyped for the 3 speed auto

Thursday, September 01, 2005 10:29 PM
I have a REAL limited slip differential for sale. It is a Quaife LSD that will not break. $850 shipped. Let me know..

275hp & 306tq - 1999 2.2 ohv
13.2 @ 108 mph
-1996 2.4 liter + Turbo + Built motor + Torco + More boost = Lots o' Power
-2000 Mustang GT + 2004 Cobra motor, Whipple 2.3 supercharger,
built rear-end,Dodge Viper spec T56 6 speed, bolt-ons = wheelies at the track!!!!!

Thursday, September 01, 2005 10:39 PM
damn quaife....

Friday, September 02, 2005 12:17 AM
I have 3 Quaifes sitting out back for sale. 100% brand new if anyone is interested.

Friday, September 02, 2005 2:05 AM
Karo (Car Customs) wrote:I have 3 Quaifes sitting out back for sale. 100% brand new if anyone is interested.

how much
Friday, September 02, 2005 6:08 AM
Go with that, Karo will make you a good deal. Plus... Quaife > Phanton Grip

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Friday, September 02, 2005 6:43 AM
Karo (Car Customs) wrote:I have 3 Quaifes sitting out back for sale. 100% brand new if anyone is interested.

For which trannies? Does anyone still have them for the 00-02 LD9/Getrag?

Friday, September 02, 2005 8:15 AM
I believe karo has 1 Isuzu and 2 F23's.

Friday, September 02, 2005 10:52 AM
How much for the Isuzu Quaife, Karo?

'99 2200 LS CX1 Sport
Saturday, September 03, 2005 10:35 AM
I have 1 for the Isuzu, and 2 for the 00-05 Getrag. I bought the last 2 Quaife USA had in stock . . . as for the Isuzu good luck finding a new one anymore

Oh yeah, as for pricing... I wont post.. e mail if interested.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search