Cam problem? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cam problem?
Monday, August 08, 2005 4:20 AM
As I am in Afghanistan I don't get the specifics all the time about my car. But here's what I know. Two codes were spit out. One was for the TPS and the other was a misfire on cylinder 3. The problem is that you have to keep the RPMs up on my car or else it stalls out. But when the RPMS are up it's fine. My father in law called JBP and they told him it was probably leaking injectors. Well I ordered the injectors. I don't know if they're installed yet. Earlier before the cams and pulley were put in my car died. We think the chain got stretched. Anyways my Venom fuel pump is gonna be put in. So if the injectors and TPS doesn't take care of the problem what are some thoughts?

Re: Cam problem?
Monday, August 08, 2005 4:46 AM
oh yeah could there also be problems with spark plug boot and springs?

Tuesday, August 09, 2005 1:00 AM
well I just spent the last hour searching through posts. Found some possible solutions but still would like input. I think it may be a timing issue. Like the misfire code causing the PCM to retard the timing. If that's the case any ideas? or could it be running rich and causing the misfire? I also read about having a tech 2 relearn on the crank sensor because of a high lope. Also maybe running some high octane for a tank or 2.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005 1:01 AM
Maybe installing my MSD would help take care of this as well?

Friday, August 12, 2005 11:42 PM
guess no one wants to reply. Well we found a little problem. And thanks to having 2 eyes on my car we'll probably fix it tomorrow. Well it had a hard time starting. I noticed on my FPR gage that when it would crank the fuel pressure would drop 10 lbs. There's a leak at the FPR. Anyways did get it started up. This car doesn't sound like no 4 cylinder. It is LOUD and GROWLS.

Saturday, August 13, 2005 12:28 AM
I've been reading your posts but I haven't responded because your not really asking a question or telling us much in return, there is nothing to really say.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Saturday, August 13, 2005 6:14 AM
Todd Nixon wrote:As I am in Afghanistan I don't get the specifics all the time about my car. But here's what I know. Two codes were spit out. One was for the TPS and the other was a misfire on cylinder 3. The problem is that you have to keep the RPMs up on my car or else it stalls out. But when the RPMS are up it's fine. My father in law called JBP and they told him it was probably leaking injectors. Well I ordered the injectors. I don't know if they're installed yet. Earlier before the cams and pulley were put in my car died. We think the chain got stretched. Anyways my Venom fuel pump is gonna be put in. So if the injectors and TPS doesn't take care of the problem what are some thoughts?

Todd Nixon wrote:
guess no one wants to reply. Well we found a little problem. And thanks to having 2 eyes on my car we'll probably fix it tomorrow. Well it had a hard time starting. I noticed on my FPR gage that when it would crank the fuel pressure would drop 10 lbs. There's a leak at the FPR. Anyways did get it started up. This car doesn't sound like no 4 cylinder. It is LOUD and GROWLS.
What....................oh..............What..................who are you?.............oh.........that was your best?

how can you see your car from afghanistan, that's a sweet video conferencing computer there? good luck with the car though, i am new to the 2.4 arena but my 2200 would occasionally throw the #3 cylinder or multiple cylinder misfires when really cold, generally early in the morning during winter.

Saturday, August 13, 2005 6:24 AM
no I didn't see my car from Afghanistan. I'm home the next two weeks for leave!! Well at least someone replied!

Saturday, August 13, 2005 3:55 PM
lol, we were all just having fun watching you converse with yourself.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search