Ecotech In A 95 Swap - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ecotech In A 95 Swap
Saturday, July 30, 2005 9:02 AM
I have a 95 Sunfire GT with the 2.3 Quad four and like they do the head cracked
So I wanted to get away from the quad fours, I searched for an ecotech and found 1 out of an 03 Alero it has 36k on it and they want 330 for it and 100 to ship it.
Will it fit and hook to the tranny and all the wiring be the same?
Please get back to me with any advice!

Re: Ecotech In A 95 Swap
Saturday, July 30, 2005 9:23 AM
no.
you would need the engine, tranny, the PCM, wiring harness, just about everything from the donor car

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, July 30, 2005 9:31 AM
your better off doing an h.o swap than an ecotec swap into that car.

ecotec will need evreything like stated above, basically its easier to take a new ecotec powered car an put your body panels on it to make it look like like yours

parting out my built and boosted 97 z24 so4x4.com/cavy.html for pics and a parts list
Saturday, July 30, 2005 1:00 PM
there are multiple ways to skin a cat.. if you have a 95 2.3 manual J, its odb1. sooo you can switch things around and chip your ecu.. just a few thing to look at. right now you have more options for tuning than any other 3rd gen. why waste it by changing that? this way will take a bunch of research but will pay if in $$ and work. basically make your eco "look" like a Q4 to the computer. one thing you will have to find out is whats the advance on the crank for the eco. i think the q4 is 15 deg but that may just be the 94- HO. stuff like that. also things like will low imp injectors fit. i think they do cuz someone ran then for a while on here. a msd box may be needed along with plug wires.. ohh darn right. anyway hope i got you thinkin. Hondas didnt get easy swaps by doing things the hard way all the time. also if your swappin an eco why not swap a 2.0? depends on your goals/$$ but why not right?

Sven you totally quarterloafed your computer..
Saturday, July 30, 2005 3:36 PM
The PCM, and BCM are completely different from the 95 OBD1 to the OBD2 Eco.

The gas tanks, fuel pump, evap can, radiator, tranny mount, upper motor mount, gauge cluster, all internal wiring, the engine harness, all of the engine accessories will need to be replaced: alternator, a/c compressor, and I'm sure I missed a few things. There's allot more to it than just slapping in a the motor and crossing your fingers that it works.

Saturday, July 30, 2005 4:38 PM
the head crack when you overheat them. If you use it like you're suppose to, they don't crack.

I have the 086 head, witch is supposely the head the easiest to crack, and it happend twice because of ME. not the engine nore the head but because I let it go.

If you keep it cool, it won't crack. If you stay in traffic alot or let the car get over the half mark, you'll crack the head because the engine wasn't meant for city driving.

So before saying the engine is sh***, do some research. We are alot with 2.3 and the ones keeping them cool don't have any problem. I even did a full year of drag racing and I never had 1 problem with my head.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Saturday, July 30, 2005 11:17 PM
Cinny wrote:The PCM, and BCM are completely different from the 95 OBD1 to the OBD2 Eco.

The gas tanks, fuel pump, evap can, radiator, tranny mount, upper motor mount, gauge cluster, all internal wiring, the engine harness, all of the engine accessories will need to be replaced: alternator, a/c compressor, and I'm sure I missed a few things. There's allot more to it than just slapping in a the motor and crossing your fingers that it works.

none of what i said had anything to do with ghetto rigging a motor swap.. do some research..

Sunday, July 31, 2005 6:10 AM
Ok so the eco is out what motor should I get the 2.0 HO or the regular 2.2
Sunday, July 31, 2005 6:30 AM
Sunday, July 31, 2005 8:12 AM
you can basically swap in any engine you want. but it takes time and money.
the only engine swap that would be easy is swap in another 2.3

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, July 31, 2005 1:11 PM
if you cant do an eco then swap a HO motor

Sunday, July 31, 2005 2:46 PM
as stated before your BEST bet is to get a 2.3HO engine ( you have a manuel car) its an EASY swap and it has MORE power than the others, not to mention it will basically bolt right in, there not hard to find and you can even chip your ecu(which will raise your rev limiter and eliminate your gonvenor) i have the chip you need if your interested ,so you want have to go thru mantapart. let us know how it goes man and good luck with the ride

"Freedom 'ought to have its limits"-George W. Bush may 31 1999 (who voted for this idiot?)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search