swap motor - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
swap motor
Thursday, July 21, 2005 4:03 PM
can i swap a 2200SFi with a ecotec and will the SFi transmission bolt on?

Re: swap motor
Thursday, July 21, 2005 4:17 PM
The transmission will not bolt on.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, July 21, 2005 4:17 PM
yes you can swap an eco... but the transmissions won't. gotta swap the engine and transmission. and no it's not easy. there are several writeups on this site. best of luck.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Thursday, July 21, 2005 5:04 PM
easy as it gets with a 2000+ with the same tranny. all the mounts will be in the same place there should be no internal wiring to change out what so ever. axles are the same, you may or may not need replacing. some say your 2200 will work with some effort, others say no. non or your accessories will fit on the new motor, IE alternator, a/c compressor.

now if you go into the range of changing the tranny to a different one, or have a pre 2000 then there is allot more work to be done.

go over to Ecotec Power there are a couple of post there about doing the swap, Suncavi has swapped several different motors, 2000ecotec cavalier just recently did the swap,and I'm on the path myself. good luck.

Thursday, July 21, 2005 8:11 PM
Fig 242, p 121 of the Ecotec manual shows an adapter plate used with the 4T65E. A similar plate should allow the Eco to be used with transmissions originally bolted to a 2.2/ 2200 OHV engine. Does anyone have drawings or dimensions for this plate? That might help.

-->Slow
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search