engine what to do? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
engine what to do?
Monday, July 04, 2005 1:13 PM
Ok as it sits i have the option of a awsome start to a turbo engine for a amazing price. The engine is for a 2.2 ohv. It has clevitte bearings, cryotreated and polished crank, eagle rods, wiesco forged 8:1 pistons, moly rings and a copper head gasket. Doesnt include the cam but i can get that. The guy says he has about 2500cdn invested into it so far. He wants it gone for 700cdn. Is this a good deal? Also can i run this engine without a turbo? Would it be beter to run a turbo cam or just a stage 2 jbp cam? to help drivablity? is there anything else im missing? please help me out here...cause the dilemma lies with i can get that motor or i can go with a eco swap for 1500cdn..or just wait for a 2.3...opinions please..phil

Re: engine what to do?
Monday, July 04, 2005 1:55 PM
go with the Eco. it has more of an aftermarket following.
and the OHV with all this work done, you don know what kind of shape its in or even if it runs anymore

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, July 04, 2005 1:57 PM
its brand new.....engine was built for a guy and he changed his mind so he wants to recoup enough to finish his own engine..thats why..phil
Monday, July 04, 2005 2:04 PM
ok. id still go with the Eco swap

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, July 04, 2005 2:28 PM
eco swap. I drive a OHV and if i could choose between that motor or a eco swap id still go with the eco.

1997 pontiac sunfire
2.2 OHV 2.4l coming soon
2.25 inch custom exhaust
WAI
RK Underdrive pulley
50 shot of NX
pacesetter header
Monday, July 04, 2005 6:46 PM
id wait for the 2.3 .... definetly

Go ahead and see just how powerless you are. .... ROGER THAT!

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 4:26 AM
If you want to gain some unique points, turbo that 2.2 OHV and make some decent numbers on it. If your not planning or can afford turboing it, I believe all motor gains are very small because he has infact dropped the compression on that motor (9:1 stock) unless you change the pistons again.

With those reasons listed, I'd do an ECOTEC swap for the same reason that 99redz24 said, better aftermarket support. Also, the twin cam design can put down more power with boost than the 2.2 OHV with boost.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 9:40 AM
I'd go with the eco swap. It makes life a whole lot eaiser than trying to boost an ohv.

4 months in Korea = 17" rims
4 months in Iraq = Bodykit
Not having mommy and daddy pay for everything = priceless
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search