1988 cavalier z24 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1988 cavalier z24
Monday, July 04, 2005 10:18 AM
okay, i buy a 1988 cavalier z24... and i want to do a drag car... i want to know what i can do for have more horsepower,etc.... i dont know where to start with that... please help me

Re: 1988 cavalier z24
Monday, July 04, 2005 10:24 AM
swap a small block into it and convert to RWD...

no really, i've seen it done several times.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Monday, July 04, 2005 1:18 PM
wait a minute, so you know nothing about performance or racing, but you just blindly buy a car and say to yourself, "hey, i'm gonna make this fast?"

Don't you think it would have been wise to do some research first?

The hot setup right now with the 2nd gen cavs is a 3100/3400 V6 swap from a later model car. You can find info on this swap here: http://www.domesticcrew.com/

Some people choose to build up the aforementioned V6 for all motor power, but so far the fastest of them have a turbo on top of the swap. Start digging for info, because people are not generally going to jump at the chance to hand you every little thing you need. Use the search functions. Also check out www.v6z24.com

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Monday, July 04, 2005 3:37 PM
either swap the entire engine for a 3400, or swap in the top end of the newer 3100 or any 3400 (ie heads manifolds etc...) with a cam and some bolt-ons it should be good for low 14s high 13s in a manual car. there is a ton of info available.

If It ain't broke... you ain't doin' it right.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search