i think i have my exhaust, tell me what you think! - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
i think i have my exhaust, tell me what you think!
Sunday, June 19, 2005 2:24 AM
i think i have chosen my 3 items (header, high-flow cat, and catback exhaust) and i need some opinions and feedback, as well as any thoughts or anything i should do diffrent.

if any of you have used these products that would also be great if i could get some advice or ratings.

here is what i got:

for a header i have chosen the OBX racing header...

for more info on this item, check the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7981291456&category=33632

for the high-flow cat, i have chosen the 2.25 inch (inlet and outlet) catco converter....
javascript:popupWindow('http://www.highrevmotorsports.com/catalog/popup_image.php?pID=257&osCsid=63d511d9f9d43ae31fc22ac9da64041a')
for more info, check this:
http://www.highrevmotorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=27_29_167&products_id=257&osCsid=63d511d9f9d43ae31fc22ac9da64041a

and for the mandrel bent catback exhaust, i have chosen the megan racing system, which i have heard good things about....

its good because its 2.5 inch piping, then narrows to 2.25 at the cat, so that my catco cat will fit up to it!
more info:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7981440891&category=33630

and the last thing is a casper O2 sensor....
javascript:popupWindow('http://www.highrevmotorsports.com/catalog/popup_image.php?pID=122&osCsid=63d511d9f9d43ae31fc22ac9da64041a')
im not too sure if this item works, but hoping to get feedback
more info: http://www.highrevmotorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=27_29_167&products_id=257&osCsid=63d511d9f9d43ae31fc22ac9da64041a

any info or feedback on my setup would be great. thanks!

Re: i think i have my exhaust, tell me what you th
Sunday, June 19, 2005 5:57 AM
I do not recommend the catco converter. I do not have one myself but have heard bad things from others here on the .org. You may want to look at a 2.25" magnaflow high flow cat, you can't go wrong with magnaflow

Sunday, June 19, 2005 12:00 PM
can anyone tell me if the O2 sensor is needed?

Sunday, June 19, 2005 12:10 PM
i have the catco cat from ebay and am perfectly pleased with it used the stock O2 and no codes nothing runs fine

04 sunfire auto, mid 15's n/a, and still going
Sunday, June 19, 2005 3:23 PM
do not spend $90 on a cat. go to ebay I got my 2.5" magnaflow for $55 shipped. and no you shouldn't need the casper O2 sensor because you will be putting a cat on. i haven't heard to much about the Megan exhaust on J's, nor have I even seen a pic with it, anyone got a picture with this exhaust??

View my MySpace
Sunday, June 19, 2005 4:48 PM
I've heard one bad thing about the Megan cat back system, the hump over the rear axle is not too tall, and if your lowered, or plan on lowering, there could be some rattling/knocking of the tubing on the axle. But that's just what I've heard, other than that it's great.

Sunday, June 19, 2005 4:49 PM
I bought those OBX R Header off ebay , and it didnt fit right. So back it went. I went with the pacesetter, it fit MUCH better.

Sunday, June 19, 2005 5:46 PM
theres no point in 2.5 " piping that narrows to 2.25 for the cat....remember....it only flows as well as its narrowest point...might as well get 2.25 piping all around

Sunday, June 19, 2005 5:58 PM
.JeRsEy KiD.* wrote:I bought those OBX R Header off ebay , and it didnt fit right. So back it went. I went with the pacesetter, it fit MUCH better.

i found a pacesetter header on ebay i like... does the pacesetter header come with the downpipe that connects to the cat?

and i found this cat on ebay also:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7977930981&category=33629&sspagename=WD1V

will that cat have to be welded onto the downpipe from the header and then welded to the cat-back piping? why dont any of these cats come with flanges on the end to bolt on to the other exhaust parts?

Sunday, June 19, 2005 7:04 PM
the downpipe comes with the pacesetter header and the cat will be welded on to it. the catco cat from ebay is 2.25 inside but the ends are big enough to fit around 2.25 piping and the paceseter downpipe

04 sunfire auto, mid 15's n/a, and still going
Sunday, June 19, 2005 8:29 PM
i think im going to actually buy the magnaflow cat and use that.

my plan is to put the header on, and hang the exhaust, then take a shop the cat and have them weld some flanges and bolt it up into thew system.
but would a 2.5 inch cat be able to be custom welded onto the 2.25 flange that the megan catback has?

Monday, June 20, 2005 8:20 PM
I never knew Megan Racing made a cat-back system for our cars? Their site must not be up to date then.

Monday, June 20, 2005 10:57 PM
OBX headers dont fit right? how do they not fit right? I have one but its not been installed yet.
Monday, June 20, 2005 11:08 PM
Alex wrote:I never knew Megan Racing made a cat-back system for our cars? Their site must not be up to date then.

and it looks like a really good system!

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 11:33 AM
Yeah it does look quite nice, in my opinion its wierd that it shrinks to 2.25" near the catalytic converter but not like its unable to be changed. All the power to you man.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 1:12 PM
the muffler shop told me that i might as well replace my stock cat because with all the 2.25 piping the cat would almost defeat the purpose of doing all that being that the piping going into the cat was also stock size. he said i should get a 2.25 high-flow cat that way theres less of a restriction.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 4:14 PM
uhhhhh just my input: Megan Racing kicks ass.

</thread>

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Tuesday, June 21, 2005 5:16 PM
Do not buy or use a catco cat. I work at a autoparts store, and they are a lower line, cheaply made cat. I have had numerous customers come back with problems regarding them. they make your car run like crap, and the catalyst guards inside crack/shatter and everthing inside all falls apart.
hope this helps.
Tuesday, June 21, 2005 6:30 PM
Any other comments or people that have the Megan Raring cat-back exhaust?

ELIOT. Now.....boosted.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 9:08 PM
CaliforniaCavalier wrote:
.JeRsEy KiD.* wrote:I bought those OBX R Header off ebay , and it didnt fit right. So back it went. I went with the pacesetter, it fit MUCH better.

i found a pacesetter header on ebay i like... does the pacesetter header come with the downpipe that connects to the cat?

yes the pacsetter comes with the downpipe gasket and collectors..
Tuesday, June 21, 2005 9:11 PM
and to comment on catco.. they are basically oe replacements.. nothing to scream about.. definatley go with a PERFORMANCE brand like magnaflow or even possibly flowmaster

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 11:12 PM
Sorry to jack your thread but just 1 quick simple question, is there anywhere else other than ebay to get the Megan Racing Cat-Back system?

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 11:35 PM
The Other Matt wrote:theres no point in 2.5 " piping that narrows to 2.25 for the cat....remember....it only flows as well as its narrowest point...might as well get 2.25 piping all around

So you are saying any exhaust bigger than your primaries is poinless?

|| Click my sig to visit my Cardomain page | Omaha Racing | NRSCCA ||
Wednesday, June 22, 2005 8:08 AM
Tommy Boy ( Brutus ) wrote:
The Other Matt wrote:theres no point in 2.5 " piping that narrows to 2.25 for the cat....remember....it only flows as well as its narrowest point...might as well get 2.25 piping all around

So you are saying any exhaust bigger than your primaries is poinless?

you can still push more volume in a step down or step up (bigger diameter but eith a smaller spot in it) exhaust then a stright diameter (same size completely through it) the difference is it messes with your back pressure
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search