Swap Possable?? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Swap Possable??
Saturday, June 11, 2005 9:49 AM
Hey guys, I want to start off by saying Welcome to the new addition to my family. 1999 Rally sport coupe. Now to my question. I have the 2.2 I do belive but not sure. lol, shows you how much i know. But I want to know if its possable to do a 2.2 eco tech racing swap? with trany. What all would I need to complete a swap like this? Please help or direct me to a fourm that could help me thank you

Re: Swap Possable??
Saturday, June 11, 2005 10:14 AM
do a search on the ecotec swap and start reading... because it isn't cheap, isn't easy, and isn't fun lol.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Saturday, June 11, 2005 11:16 AM
but the end result is fun

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, June 11, 2005 11:35 AM
99redz24 wrote:but the end result is fun

define fun...
if by fun you mean hours upon hours of tirespinning glory... then no, swap the 3800 series II sc into it. but if by fun you mean being able to walk all over non-boosted 2.2 cars (like myself) then sure go for it.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Saturday, June 11, 2005 3:28 PM
Spotabee Racing wrote:
99redz24 wrote:but the end result is fun

define fun...
if by fun you mean hours upon hours of tirespinning glory... then no, swap the 3800 series II sc into it. but if by fun you mean being able to walk all over non-boosted 2.2 cars (like myself) then sure go for it.

When I get the 3800 in my car... can I walk over you thrice as much?
Saturday, June 11, 2005 3:41 PM
I have a 2003 sunfire 5-speed and all I have done to it is suspension and a short shifter, and i think it's lots of fun to drive. I guess it's just a matter of opinion... but yeah it's a tough swap... engine, tranny, axles, electrical,fuel and fuel tank... just to get started. Electrical I imagine would be the tough part. Thank god our cars are el-cheapo though... just find a good deal on a wrecked one and a lot of time to do the swap.
Sunday, June 12, 2005 1:52 AM
eco swap isn't anything your backyard weekend mechanic can't handle if you have moderate knowledge and some down time go for it

[IMG] http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/2000ecocavalier/thumbnail_smalljbopic.jpg[/IMG]
Monday, June 13, 2005 7:00 AM
Thanks for the help guys.... car is in the show now getting trany worked on, big ass crack in bell housing...i told the dude he better get it fixed lol...well ill let u guys know the progress
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search