2200 pulley kit - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2200 pulley kit
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 1:33 AM
Hey if anybody has the pulley kit from mantapart installed on thier 2200 I'd like to get feedback on them. I've already got bolt ons plus exhaust and all that junk, just looking if this should be just another mod I can do.

Re: 2200 pulley kit
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 9:07 AM
listening...

cavi connection pulleys on the way... 99$ us Alt and Crank

Check Out my Car Domain Page

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 9:45 PM
hey let me know when you get them installed. damn are people just not wanting to help with this or what........

4 months in Korea = 17" rims
4 months in Iraq = Bodykit
Not having mommy and daddy pay for everything = priceless
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 10:09 PM
I'm curious to hear some feedback/review of under drive pulley(s) on a 2200 before dropping any money on them myself.
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 10:13 PM
i'm not about to throw down too much money to mantapart, i'd rather buy a respectable company's pulleys for less cost off ebay.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 11:28 PM
Well I have the Cav Conn. pullies and I am happy with them. I noticed a tad faster rev when i had my steelies on for the winter. Now with my 18's I don't think there is a difference ( more rotational mass) other wise id say its worth it.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 11:31 PM
pushrods wrote:Well I have the Cav Conn. pullies and I am happy with them. I noticed a tad faster rev when i had my steelies on for the winter. Now with my 18's I don't think there is a difference ( more rotational mass) other wise id say its worth it.

and that is why i am getting 16" wheels that weigh less than 12 pounds per.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 11:33 PM
my bad on my post, yeah I meant the cav. conn. pulley kit. Yeah RSM wants too much for just one and cav. conn. includes an alt. pulley. I have lightweight 17's but I they still have more rotational mass either way. hows the top end acceleration response on your ride??

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 11:46 PM
your top end will be best with both pullies (like the cav conn kit). personally i think that's probably your best deal.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005 1:55 AM
I'm wanting to start lightening up the engine area. figure the first thing to start with is the pullies then get into the tranny and change the flywheel, by chance does anybody have a fidanza lightweight installed and to include what clutch? after the tranny I'm moving into the internals. but of course I've been debating about selling my car. I have a webpage that people can check my ride at. http://profiles.myspace.com/users/9645087

Thanks guys for your feedback on the pullies.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005 11:15 AM
the pulleys i ordered should be here tomorrow but i wont have a chance to install them till this weekend... ill let you know what i think monday.

Check Out my Car Domain Page

Wednesday, April 27, 2005 3:34 PM
I have the mantapart set installed, I remember being happy with them when I put them on, slightly quicker revving/tad bit of hp freed up I'd say. But now I sometimes forget they're even there, never had a problem.

When you order from where ever, be sure you know what you are getting, some companies will give a smaller alt pulley, some will give a larger alt pulley. The smaller alt pulley will make up for the belt turning slower by speeding up the alt. The larger alt pulley will further slow down the already slowed (by the smaller crank pulley) alt, which does potentially free up the most hp, but could also kill your battery (especially while bumping your stereo at a stop light, aka at idle).

Just lookin' out for yall. Good luck with whatever you decide on.

oh also the mantapart set i got came with the smaller alt pulley, and the alt is a six ribbed pulley but works just fine with our five rib belts, and the crank pulley was spot on direct replacement perfect fit.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005 9:11 PM
Well I ordered the pulley kit from cav. conn. anyways yesterday. at the same time I ordered my top mount insert and I'm still waiting on my 02 sensor piggyback from cardomain to arrive. This weekend I'm contemplating installing my oil cooler thats been sitting around for 2 years.

And again thanks for dropping in the info guys.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005 9:43 PM
daniel arellano wrote:Well I ordered the pulley kit from cav. conn. anyways yesterday. at the same time I ordered my top mount insert and I'm still waiting on my 02 sensor piggyback from cardomain to arrive. This weekend I'm contemplating installing my oil cooler thats been sitting around for 2 years.

And again thanks for dropping in the info guys.

less contemplation, more action bro.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005 11:46 PM
RSM is not an underdrive system. I have driven the cav.conn. ones and they are OK. If you have a STEREO setup, get the RSM. Use the stock belt, quicker revs than the others, and the gain I saw with the crank pulley was great.

I'll have a sig someday....................
Thursday, April 28, 2005 8:06 AM
I only have a 425 watt amp kicking. I may just use the underdrive pulley and maybe have a friend fabricate a larger alt. pulley anyways. maybe just do some measuring and see if I can find something similar on another car.

Thursday, April 28, 2005 8:07 AM
Of course if you have a capacitor installed for your system you should be ok. I may also just up the idle setting on my rpm's, think that would work .

Thursday, April 28, 2005 10:45 AM
tell you the truth i would never underdrive anything.. i have rsm's lightened crank pulley it was nice. it did what i thought it would do. a barley noticable quicker rev....

if you slow the altenator down you will not have all the juice it is capable of.... if you have a stereo, or any other type of electrical equiptment

i also never have felt comfortable about being in traffic with a slower spinning water pump.....

2000 Dark metallica green cavalier. (2.2 2200) pace setter 4-1 header, magna flow cat, dual quad tip dtm muffler, 1800 watt stereo with satalite radio, momo 16in rims, from rk sport strut bar, rear vibrant strut bar, indeglow gauge cluster along with matching hvac panel, clear corner lenses, altezz tails, vibrant wai, carbon fiber oem style hood, rsm lightened crank pulley, MSD Ignition coil packs, RSM Vortech Supercharger 8psi

"Disarters are just another star falling in my yard."
Thursday, May 19, 2005 12:23 PM
well I finally got my pulley kit in today along with some other parts. I posted a ? for what size belt people are running witht he pulley kit. I have also read over again peoples feedback for the kit, with the larger alt. pulley I might install it due to the feedback I've seen and losing result I may get with my stereo system. now with the crank pulley its a direct replacement???? (size is the same? just lighter, etc) I'm still trying to find a belt hopefully mantapart will help me out. But I looked at mantaparts kit and the pullies look identical so I don't know how someone says one kit is better when they both practically look the same except the alt. pulley mine is silver the other is black. Ok guys hit this up lets hear what you guys got on this stuff.

Thursday, May 19, 2005 12:33 PM
my preference...rsm

same size, stock is 26.83 ounce, rsm is 12 ounces, cutting nearly a 1 pound of rotating mass.

dont have to worry about new belts. simply 4 bolts, and your done.

revs quicker, higher, and no worries on electrical.

Thursday, May 19, 2005 12:42 PM
thats with the crank pulley alone? I want to find an alt. pulley that is smaller but have come up with nothing along with finding a belt for this stuff. I can say the cav. conn. pulley does have a noticable weight difference, I'll weigh it at work tonight to see how much it is. but of course i have this post and another. but with lightweight pulley will I feel any noticable gains, like top end, and upper gear acceleration. where can I find a smaller pulley for the alt.? please help with answer, I have a summer driving trip to texas and would like this stuff to be done before hand so my trip will go smoother and of course a little quicker.

Thursday, May 19, 2005 12:47 PM
a smaller alternator pulley means the alternator will spin faster....

most underdrive kits offer a larger pulley to slow it down.

and think about what ya asked... will you feel any noticable gains... dude you are shaving a pound of rotating mass, so of course so. its not a magical huge gain, but there.

might look to get a custom one made. unless either mantapart or cav conn makes a small alternator pulley.

Thursday, May 19, 2005 2:52 PM
the cavi conn pulleys the alt is slightly larger and the crank is as small as will fit the bolt holes...

the only thing i see with electrical is dimming lights at idle after idleing a few minutes nothing else...

they were ver y easy to install... they would have been easier had i had the torx to do the alt had to use the closest allen wrench.

i had to get a belt with an extr groove on it and cut it off because they didnt have the belt size i needed the guy said they didnt make them...

get faster revs...

"There is no point in looking fast if your not."

Thursday, May 19, 2005 4:42 PM
well if what you are saying about the cav. conn. crank pulley being lighter and also smaller than stock then with the larger alt. pulley you're basically compensating in rotational size. all my end result will be is lighter pullies........

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search