pacesetter vs. weapon r - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
pacesetter vs. weapon r
Monday, April 25, 2005 7:52 AM
which ceramic coated header is better. the weapon r or the pacesetter? i have heard mixed reviews of both. does anybody have dyno's of each?

Re: pacesetter vs. weapon r
Monday, April 25, 2005 7:57 AM
i'd say the weapon r. their stuff seems to typically hold up better.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Monday, April 25, 2005 8:30 AM
considering weapon r's stuff is a knock off of other companies products

only plus is their stuff is stainless , but its not a good grade of stainless , and they are thiner than other headers

Monday, April 25, 2005 8:49 AM
[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM cav sedan™)]considering weapon r's stuff is a knock off of other companies products

only plus is their stuff is stainless , but its not a good grade of stainless , and they are thiner than other headers

you can't have too many varieties in headers i mean either it fits and works or it doesn't.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Monday, April 25, 2005 8:49 AM
I can't really say, i am waiting for pacesetter to ship my damn header... They first say they have one in stock, then in the end their computers are wrong. I am not liking their customer service soo far. I've been waiting since first week in april.

Monday, April 25, 2005 9:32 AM
Spotabee Racing wrote:[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM cav sedan™)]considering weapon r's stuff is a knock off of other companies products

you can't have too many varieties in headers i mean either it fits and works or it doesn't.

theres quite a few varieties in headers.

HOWEVER obx and wepon R merely copied anothers design. pacesetter is ceramic coated. weapon r, according to their site, is only polished, not ceramic coated.

Monday, April 25, 2005 9:53 AM
i just installed my pacesetter ceramic coated header along with a magnaflow cat. the install was very easy and straightforward. it fit really well. i'm very happy with the top end that i gained. my 2.2 3speed auto pulls really hard from 60 on. the only thing i need to do is go buy a resonator cuz my exhaust sounds like pissed off bees.

Monday, April 25, 2005 9:57 AM
Spotabee Racing wrote:[quote=97cavie24ls(JDM cav sedan™)]considering weapon r's stuff is a knock off of other companies products

there is alot of ways to make headers , it just happens that pacesetters was copied

Monday, April 25, 2005 12:50 PM
I went with the Pacesetter. I based my decision on the research i spent a few weeks doing on this site. majority seemed to say the Pacesetter was better. It is an easier install than WeaponR/RK Sport from what I read, and people with the Weapon R/RK Sport were having troubles with the header leaking where the primary and secondary meet. 2002 ECOTECs were having problems with the Weapon R/ RK Sport hitting the steering rack or something also.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search