fuel pressure gauge - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
fuel pressure gauge
Monday, April 04, 2005 7:44 AM
I put my air fuel and fuel pressure gauges on this weekend and after getting the fuel pressure gauge hooked up it wasn't reading anything. We checked all the connections with a test light and when checking the sender thing the gauge went to 100 and when you let off with the test light it went back to 0. Everything else is grounded and has a +12 source. I'm assuming this is the sender thing. They are stewart warner if that makes a difference. Anyone else had this problem? Thanks a bunch.

Re: fuel pressure gauge
Monday, April 04, 2005 7:50 PM
anyone?
Re: fuel pressure gauge
Monday, April 04, 2005 8:58 PM
i know your problem! i had the same thing happen. got a small worm clamp, a small section of wire, a ring terminal, and a screw. strip one end of the wire and clamp it down somewhere on the SENDER BODY. take the other end and attach the ring terminal, groind some paint off your firewall and attach it with the screw. i bet it works. its because of the fact that SW grounds the senders through the metal theyre connected to (my oil pressure sender grounds because its threaded into the head for example.)

the reason it went to 100 is because you grounded the system entirely. normally it partially grounds it.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search