EcoTec AEM Question - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
EcoTec AEM Question
Sunday, April 03, 2005 7:55 PM
hello well right now i have the ecotec RKSport short ram intake but i installed a header and the heat in the engine bay is outragous. I know the AEM goes in the fender wall but do you have to use the stock box that goes on the throttle body with the AEM? Or does it go all the way to the throttle body now? Thanks for the help

My Sig Was To Big

Re: EcoTec AEM Question
Sunday, April 03, 2005 7:58 PM
it goes all the way to the throttle body
Sunday, April 03, 2005 8:07 PM
the aem is not going to be any better for you

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Sunday, April 03, 2005 8:12 PM
rodimus I noticed a difference when I went from my rk to my aem

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Sunday, April 03, 2005 8:17 PM
didn't the aem lose throttle response though? I would think a cai would only gain in the top.
Sunday, April 03, 2005 8:55 PM
it wont help. i figured with all the new heat from the header puttin the filter down in the fender wall would help alot. Thanks for the replys

My Sig Was To Big
Sunday, April 03, 2005 9:05 PM
the temperature will not be too much different than wai. The best way to reduce the temp is a ceramic coated header (dont use a wrap). I'm assuming yours isnt since its so hot.
Sunday, April 03, 2005 9:08 PM
ive ran a constant .1 tenth better in the 1/4 in my g/fscav when i went from rk to aem intakes

only the sound is what changed with it

and it goes from the tb all the way into the inner fender

Sunday, April 03, 2005 9:41 PM
Well its the RKSport 4-2-1 Header and i believe that is ceramic coated. I ran it all day today and its still silver colored. I thought it would of turned purple already. I dont know but the heat in the engine bay is alot hotter and no i dont wanna wrap them. I think that looks stupid. haha. Oh and does anyone have a pic of the AEM on their car and does anyone have some pics of home made intakes for ecos that go into the fender wall. I might just use the rk one and extend it down into the fender. It would be cheaper that way. What would you sugest using for piping to make it look good instead of the cheap looking PVC pipe intakes. haha no offense to anyone who has one.

My Sig Was To Big
Monday, April 04, 2005 8:18 AM
Rodimus Prime wrote:the aem is not going to be any better for you

I agree with QBE, I installed a custom FWI/CAi after my WAI and the engine response was way better.

I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time and for those 15 seconds, I realize, I need boost.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search